Schedule This Week
- The Sunday show will shift to Monday, as I will be in transit Sunday.
- Wednesday’s Sidebar will be with cultural commentator Nina Infinity.
- Bourbon will be live after the show on Monday and Wednesday, then return Thursday, but skip Tuesday due to travel commitments.
- The Vegas meetup moved to March 12, and will be a smaller event for 50 guests, with dinner served, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Future events to be announced only after the venue is committed and booked, with aims to hold meetups in different parts of the country every other month, or so. My apologies for the rescheduling.
The Introduction: News in Brief
- China balloon shot down over the ocean.
- Germany’s industrial engine shutting down over Russian energy sanctions.
- Labor report of 500K+ new jobs contradicted by other government labor report showing less than 100K new jobs in January.
- Elon Musk wins again! Defeats billion-dollar securities class action over “taking it private” Tweet.
- Credit card debt hit all time high, while personal savings dipped to near all-time lows.
- House bill stopping 87K new IRS agents hits hurdles in Senate.
- ChatGPT offers subscription services that may cheaply substitute for writers in a range of professions.
- Arctic blasts freeze northeast with power price spikes.
- DeSantis revoked liquor license from bar hosting kid drag events.
- Biden hates Iowa, and DNC formally replaces it with South Carolina as 1st primary. That also profits Kamala Harris if she were the candidate.
Wisdom of the Day: “All warfare is based on deception.” Sun Tzu.