In covering issues on this board and the live show, what is your thoughts about us covering foreign affairs, including wars, crises, laws, cases, etc.?
Jungian inspiration birthed the Myers-Briggs 16 personality types I personally find quite useful, even if the means of testing for it often come up short. I utilize this personality profile, and pick amongst its 16 squares, to decipher intents and determine effective means of communication. My own complete, pure speculative guess is Trump & Jones are ESTP; @VivaFrei is ENFJ; and I am confident I fit the INTJ description. See what you think. https://personalityjunkie.com/the-intj/
1. EU reverses & approves Russia's gas-for-rubles plan. https://english.alarabiya.net/business/energy/2022/04/22/EU-sees-way-to-pay-for-Russian-gas-without-breaching-sanctions
2. Yellen admits sanctioning Russian oil and gas is dumb as it "would clearly raise global oil prices, it would have a damaging impact on Europe and on other parts of the world, and, counterintuitively, it could actually have very little negative impact on Russia." https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3275829-yellen-european-ban-on-russian-energy-may-do-more-harm-than-good/?rl=1
3. Managerial class control of corporate boards leads to their politicization away from the profit motive meant to govern and guide them. https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/04/former-mcdonalds-ceo-organizes-the-boardroom-initiative-to-fight-woke-corporations/
4. Deferring to Disney "is a substantive loser because the Right's vision of a more naturally ordered, just and solidaristic society will obviously be—indeed, has demonstrably been—hindered by unilaterally abandoning the playing field of moralistic legislation and statesmanship to the one-way cultural ratchet of progressivism." https://www.newsweek.com/against-principled-loserdom-opinion-1699917
5. "Universities are obviously the training ground of the managerial class. It is where they gain their credentials and develop both the necessary skill set and acculturation to managerial class values. It is where the (curated) habituation... is normalized as the justification for their ethos of social engineering, bureaucratic paternalism, and technocratic rule." https://thecirculationofelites.substack.com/p/promoting-managerial-class-boot-camp?s=r
*Bonus: Gonna go live at 130ish Vegas time to discuss Le Pen betting options, sports, and whatnot. https://sportspicks.locals.com
Place your thoughts in the replies below. Live at 9ish New York time...
1. Gonzalo Lira released from SBU custody.
3. Kevin McCarthy is a snake. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/secret-recording-kevin-mccarthy-told-liz-cheney-tell-trump-resign-shocking-leaked-audio/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=the-gateway-pundit&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=2022-04-22
4. "They’re suffering from “mask dependency,” as this psychological affliction is termed in Japan, where a long tradition of mask-wearing during flu season has left some individuals afraid at any time to expose their faces in public." https://www.city-journal.org/the-failed-covid-policy-of-mask-mandates
5. A useful military analysis source: former Army officer. https://twitter.com/ArmchairW/status/1516229191720529921?s=20&t=6jYwqQ22-5wYX_y-b4iZ0g
*Bonus: Pokemon GO good for your mental health. https://www.lse.ac.uk/News/Latest-news-from-LSE/2022/d-Apr-22/Location-based-mobile-games-like-Pok%C3%A9mon-Go-may-help-alleviate-depression
Answering critics, #WhereIsGonzaloLira, and your questions...
Ask in replies, and will be live at 6ish Vegas time, 9ish New York time...
As it's Salty Cracker Sidebar day, in honor thereof, our local maestros of the memetic arts warrant a singular shout out. This underutilized meme remains one of my favorites, of course.
1. CNN+ already so bad a failure, it's completely shutting down. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cnn-shut-down-one-month-after-launch
2. The true sign of independent thought was resistance to Covid propaganda: "remarkable independence of thinking and a clear mind in a very confusing, dangerous, and rapidly shifting situation." https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/vaccine-skeptics-are-the-true-critical?s=r
3. By "focusing on strengthening the defense of Kiev and its surroundings" Ukraine ended up "leaving its troops helpless in the Donbass, along the axis of the main Russian effort." https://www.thepostil.com/the-military-situation-in-the-ukraine-an-update/
4. "Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky has outlawed his opposition, ordered his rivals’ arrest, and presided over the disappearance and assassination of dissidents across the country." https://thegrayzone.com/2022/04/17/traitor-zelensky-assassination-kidnapping-arrest-political-opposition/
5. "The U.S. security state announces that Big Tech's centralized censorship power must be preserved." https://greenwald.substack.com/p/former-intelligence-officials-citing?s=w
*Bonus: The site of today's Sidebar guest: Sir Salty Cracker. https://saltmustflow.com
The Wynn. My favorite Vegas resort. A favorite part is its wondrous internal design: everywhere you look, magic reigns, from the floors to the ceiling, nothing is left out. Here, it employs part of my favorite architectural style: blending in the indoors to the outdoors, the open air and flowing pool waters, to the covered roofs and comfortable lounges, the constant flow of air, water and people, from the outside gazebo with its chandelier of flowing color and flowing shapes to its internal cross-cross shaped roofed with circular ceiling lights to guide its flow. The kind of creative places where the conversation itself easily flows like air and water itself.
1. China got high on its own lockdown supply, and now the insanity reigns in Shanghai: "citizens start to question how their beloved city became a hell on Earth with people starving and crying for help." https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/19/my-life-in-shanghais-never-ending-zero-covid-lockdown
2. "The war in Ukraine will indeed be a bonanza for the likes of Raytheon and Lockheed Martin." https://quincyinst.org/2022/04/17/how-pentagon-contractors-are-cashing-in-on-the-ukraine-crisis/
3. "America’s working class is getting clobbered by inflation because wage earners spend a larger share of their income on the things that are going up in price the most, especially necessities such as food, gasoline, and cars and trucks." https://www.marketwatch.com/story/inflation-inequality-is-hitting-the-working-class-harder-than-at-any-other-time-on-record-11649966309
4. "A still inchoate rebellion from below against the concentration of wealth and power above seems to be gathering momentum." https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/04/18/the-working-classes-are-a-volcano-waiting-to-erupt/
5. As I said from the get go, Hillary & the Deep Staters aligned against Trump laundered their dirty deeds through corporate law firms to hide it under "attorney client privilege." https://technofog.substack.com/p/clinton-campaign-fusion-gps-provided?s=r
*Bonus: Like many people, parrot falls in love with beautiful Brazilian after just one visit. https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/wild-parrot-falls-madly-in-love-with-woman-who-showed-her-kindness
For the bucket-listers out there, if ever in Vegas, and wanting a once-in-a-lifetime meal, I recommend my favorite restaurant in all of America, and one of my top-3 for the entire globe: Joel Robuchon. The bread cart, the cheese cart, the dessert cart all deservedly world famous. The 18-course tasting menu (small, but delightful portions), balanced with a wine tasting Grand Chateau paring, for a 4-hour feast worthy of the ancient vikings, makes it truly a one-in-a-lifetime worthy culinary event, if also a once-in-a-lifetime budgetary event. But make reservations early, because tables can be hard to come by.
1. For those inclined or interested, the debate about mercenaries and war partially reflected in this discussion. https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/customary-ihl/eng/docs/v1_rul_rule108
2. The neocon-neoliberal marriage to globalist Deep State: "Cheney’s brand of hysteria, globalism, and warmongering has a great complement in the rest of Biden foreign policy." https://supermacro.substack.com/p/is-liz-cheney-a-russian-agent?s=r
3. Mask mandate removal too popular for even policy elites to ignore: "now the pushy, demanding bio-authoritarian anxiety brigade is flummoxed. because it was not supposed to be like this. they thought they were in the majority and the people were with them. and they were badly, badly wrong." https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/unmasking-the-truth?s=r
4. Go woke, go broke, as Netflix repeats the rule. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/netflix-monkeyhammered-20-lower-catastrophic-earnings-sees-loss-2-million-subs-q2
5. EU economic collapse incoming. "Europe's bureaucrats are correctly terrified that the coming oil price spike to push the vote in Le Pen's favor, which is why Europe will wait until after the election (when Macron will supposedly be the next president of France, as Belgium hopes) to announce it publicly." https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/full-embargo-russian-oil-would-send-brent-185bbl-jpmorgan
*Bonus: New Batman movie is quite good, if you like a noir style, especially the first 2/3 of the film
Banksy. The anonymous street muralist whose art pops up randomly around the globe. I stumbled into a documentary about him many years ago purely by accident at one of those small indie cinema theaters remade out of an old classic 1920s glamorous theaters a century ago in old parts of old towns. His populist streak of art for the people stuck with me, and this one in particular remains a favorite: the simple joy of a little girl with her red balloon. And as the words in the background read: "There Is Always Hope."
1. Gonzalo Lira went missing on Friday, Kharkov time, or Thursday our time. Unconfirmed reports on social media claim he has been arrested by Ukranian authorities. https://thesaker.is/gonzalo-lira-is-missing/
2. Another interesting, apolitical military analysis channel of the Ukraine battlefield. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgGHiivhFq7M_1MLemh-cjg
3. The author of the book of the week made only 1 youtube video for his channel, but he glimpsed the thesis of the book, and noted the likely weaponizing of the entire political/legal process to after Trumpers months prior to 1/6 or even the election.
4. Mask mandate struck down. https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/18/judge-strikes-cdc-mask-mandate-travel-00025900
5. The problem w/ electrical vehicles: the rare earth mineral supplies interrupted, and put in further jeopardy if economic war spreads to China. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/rivian-ceo-warns-coming-ev-battery-supply-shortage
*Bonus: No Johnny Depp; no box office. https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/box-office-fantastic-beasts-3-lowest-opening-weekend-harry-potter-1235234213/
Will be reading this book for the first time along with you. Will review and discuss on Friday's Bourbon w/ Books & Film. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59842984-the-managerial-class-on-trial
Choose your favorite, if any, amongst those listed, and identify any particular questions/topics in the replies below.
Perspective changes everything. My nephew spoke of this today at his Easter Sunday sermon. This painting simply titled "Easter" follows the faith of a single believer, rather than the fanciful processions so often captured in eastern orthodox traditions, or the Sunday dresses in American tradition, or the easter bunny and easter eggs of western lore. Instead, it captures the devout faith of a simple man, dressed in ordinary ware, a basic meal prepared on the table, his eyes to the heaven with a lit candle in his hand. All around him, Easter winks, with the cross-like structures on the hills above, on top of the house, and above the door. While spring opens up and starts anew in the blooming flowers of the tree admired by the man of simple faith below it, the slightly ajar door behind him hints at the greater truth the holiday speaks to, and is why those flowers bloom again on the tree. Happy Easter.
1. They knew from the get-go Russsiagate was a fake. https://technofog.substack.com/p/cia-bombshell-the-sussmann-data-was?s=r
2. A classic kind of hit piece about those who dissent on the war: pretending their anti-war position is really deeply unpopular. A common method of this is the "man on the street" interview that magically finds the people supporting the reporter's pro-war narrative. Note what is missing: the fact Vance surged in the state after he took his anti-war position. Note what is also missing: Ohio's long populist anti-interventionist position within GOP circles, dating back to Senator Taft. https://www.wsj.com/articles/republican-debate-over-war-in-ukraine-plays-out-in-ohio-senate-race-11650118454?st=q5taofutth8oeti&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
3. Contacting members of Congress, and trying to change public opinion, now a crime. Russian legislator indicted for trying to do precisely that in the US. https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/russian-legislator-and-two-staff-members-charged-conspiring-have-us-citizen-act-illegal-agent
4. Musk may make a tender offer for Twitter: "Tender offers are typically made publicly and invite shareholders to sell their shares for a specified price and within a particular window of time. The price offered is usually at a premium to the market price and is often contingent upon a minimum or a maximum number of shares sold." https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tenderoffer.asp
5. Consumer expectations continue to troll toward the lowest level in recent memory, as it dips near GFC and late 1970s lows. http://www.sca.isr.umich.edu/files/featured-chart.pdf
*Bonus: My nephew's Easter sermon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul3LLnmUDKg
See attached, with lots of medical information enclosed. Feel free to copy-and-paste, highlight, or use as you see fit, or is beneficial for you.
In the darkest hour of despair, hope yet lives, and awaits. Always remember this. When El Greco painted this, he knew the ending of the story.
1. I am glad tomorrow is Easter Sunday, a day of atonement, a day of pardon, a day of resurrection over the most fearsome obstacles, because this is one of the worst horror stories I've ever read. Ukranian military, with Big Tech's eager aid, actually bragged to the Washington Post about their psychopathology: they used facial recognition software to identify dead Russian soldiers, then mined social media to find that dead Russian's mother, and then called her up to show her a picture of her dead son. And they are proud of this! They think we Americans would be happy to hear about this! The unmasking of the Deep State: pure, unbridled psychopaths themselves. https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/04/15/ukraine-facial-recognition-warfare/
2. Even CNN confesses everybody hates Biden. https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/15/politics/biden-youth-approval-polling/index.html
3. "People who normally pay little attention to international affairs have gone all-in for Ukrainians. Indeed, frenzied backers have borrowed the practice of self-criticism from China’s Cultural Revolution and demanded that Russian athletes, singers, conductors, and others make public confessions, abasing themselves and denouncing Putin, or lose their jobs." https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/washington-will-fight-russia-to-the-last-ukrainian/
4. "The movement that once declared “I am woman, hear me roar” can no longer define what a woman is. What happened?" https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/how-feminism-got-hijacked?s=r
5. Small groups of people can make more change than they know: the populist revolt of the meme stocks. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsos.211488
*Bonus: Firefighters rescue baby ducks. https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/english-firefighters-rescue-ducklings-so-tiny/
A board member commented what if the heroes are us? Somewhere out there, someone in the world makes brilliant new art every day, whether it be the craftsman, the tradesman, the sculptor, the writer, the painter, in clothing, in wood, in marble, in words, or in paint. I randomly came across this handmade painting recently, simply titled Great Love Forever, of mother and child, as there may be no greater art of life than parental affection.
Only discussing cultural topics, with an emphasis on the film/book Russia House. Give your ideas about the movie in the replies, and any other cultural commentary/questions to discuss. Live at 6-ISH Vegas time...
1. Finally, some excellent news from the Trump camp. Trump endorses J.D. Vance! https://www.axios.com/trump-endorses-jd-vance-ohio-senate-race-19a6bb2e-842c-4b37-adbd-f64553afc40e.html
2. Twitter tries to block Musk. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/twitter-board-adopts-poison-pill-thwart-musk-takeover-exposing-itself-titanic-legal
3. Fighting back matters: even Commiefornia walks back vaccine mandate for kids. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/california-balks-vax-mandate-schoolchildren-will-delay-until-least-july-2023
4. Saker perspective on the war. One note: more reports coming out that Ukranian fighters in Donbass were lied to by their own military command and bought the propaganda they were winning, leading them to continue fighting when they stood no chance of survival. https://thesaker.is/day-50-of-the-smo-are-things-becoming-clearer/
5. Vance took an anti-war stance when he was at single digits. Now, even before the Trump endorsement, he's in a close 2nd. https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/TRF-OH-22-Sen-GOP-Primary-0414-Poll-Report.pdf
*Bonus: Gonna start a weekly Saturday livestream to discuss sports. https://sportspicks.locals.com
Ask in the replies below, and will be live at at 6ish tonight...emphasis on Ish
Where I watch my news, sports, shows, films, and the rest: a near replica of my movie room. Add in cigar ashtrays on movie-reel style mini tables, air purifiers from Rabbit, a small fridge for black cherry Zevias, and a leather couch in the corner, and you have the make up. I love the blacked-out room, the filtering light from the projector, the 200 inch movie screen filled with color, the surround sound embrace, the luxuriant leather reclining chairs, and the sweet smoke of the stogies dancing between me and the screen as it lights up with a new story I want to see, hear, and disappear in. My own personal cocoon.
One of my top sources for intel and informative analysis.
George Gammon now on Locals! https://rebelcapitalist.locals.com
1. Musk offers to buy Twitter. If he were successful and restored Trump, it likely kills the Trump-branded Truth Social network. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001418091/000110465922045641/tm2212748d1_sc13da.htm
2. Kiev's Kamikaze plan. https://southfront.org/kiev-kamikaze-strategy/
3. The bitcoin fans are excited after their conference. https://bombthrower.com/articles/the-war-on-wokeness-has-begun/#
4. Homeschooling surges: "many parents have chosen to continue directing their children’s educations themselves." https://apnews.com/article/covid-business-health-buffalo-education-d37f4f1d12e57b72e5ddf67d4f897d9a
5. TransHumanism's roots in eugenics. "Yet, the moral duty of Teilhard’s transhumanism required a repudiation of the traditional Christian ethic that valued every individual human as created in the image of God. Society, he believed, must be willing to sacrifice the individual for the greater good of humanity and sustainability of nature." https://mindmatters.ai/2022/01/eugenics-transhumanism-and-artificial-intelligence/
*Bonus: George Gammon now on Locals! https://rebelcapitalist.locals.com
Greek islands. Planning my next vacation trip, too long delayed by work and lockdown rules. I enjoy the planning itself, as it helps the mind take a momentary vacation itself. Next up on the bucket list of unvisited places: Greece. A must stop: the Greek islands, enraptured my mind since the end of the first Bourne film. Marble even enjoys a label named Santorini White after that island's brilliant architecture against the azure blue of the Mediterranean. I also have a bit of Greek blood, so it will be a little bit of an ancestral return. While I will definitely make it to Athens for the historic heritage there, across the mountains to explore its little towns, and tour the Byzantine walls of Thessaloniki, the Venetian fortresses of Pelopnnese, reimagine the theatre of Delphi, skip the cliffside monasteries of Meteora (don't like heights), and visit the bank lobbies of Cyprus' infamous financial institutions, the top of my to-do list remains the isles and islands around Greece. To sit at a place like this, snack on some dolmades, sip a little Soumada, converse with a friend, ponder the world in peace, and take in the water kissing the land nestled nearby, is my first and favorite stop planned.
Pedro Gonzalez. A couple of links:
1. Censorship accelerates in social media, especially Twitter, as accounts that challenge the narrative on Ukraine get summarily banned, now including Scott Ritter, Russians With Attitude, and Pepe Escobar, just yesterday. https://greenwald.substack.com/p/western-dissent-from-usnato-policy?s=r
2. "The nonprofit that distributed most of the $350 million in donations from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to election offices in 2020 said Monday that it won’t disburse similar donations this year." http://www.citizensunited.org/cu-in-the-news.aspx?article=12543
3. Putin speaks on the war. https://news.antiwar.com/2022/04/12/putin-says-ukraine-talks-at-dead-end-vows-to-complete-goals-of-war/
4. Note: "the severe U.S. sanctions on Russia’s central bank are accelerating the fall of the dollar as governments around the world realize the financial leverage the status quo gives the U.S. government. " https://scotthorton.org/interviews/3-31-22-doug-bandow-on-the-new-new-world-order/
5. Ukranian fighters in Mariupol mass surrender: "We have no food and no ammunition". This is precisely the intended effect of deep battle policy, a 'a war of attrition" that cuts off supplies first, and then attacks a weakened unit, that often mass surrenders. https://www.businessinsider.com/british-man-ukraine-marines-surrender-russian-mariupol-2022-4
*Bonus: Working class people are more attuned to others' suffering than the upper class. https://www.academia.edu/4845636/Class_and_Compassion_Socioeconomic_Factors_Predict_Responses_to_Suffering?email_work_card=reading-history
Netsuke. A Tiger. In the Year of the Tiger. What commenced as a simple means of fastening buttons on the cords of a box to carry essentials (like tobacco) for the pocket-less Japanese traveler (I fancy them worn by a Samurai), converted utility into art, as the craftsmanship and cultural legacy of the miniature sculptures told the tale of both brilliant artisanal skill of its maker and the cultural legacy of their ancestors. In this year of the Tiger, as someone born in a past Year of the Tiger, and once present for Chinese New Year in Hong Kong itself (a city of wild contrasts, with its Blade Runner neon lit night streets and Manhattan skyline amidst 15th century Buddhist temples snuggled in-between the 100-story skyscrapers, all sitting behind a harbor with 18th century style pirate ships and sitting back on an island as green as King Kong Island, a place of English afternoon tea at the Peninsula Hotel and easily spoken English amidst the last of its empire but bustling with illegal migrants hiding out in the hills speaking anything but, a place where the pigeon soup came with the pigeon's eye looking right at you in the middle yet elegant centuries old ancient culture winked at your from the nearby trinket shop), this Netsuke reminds me of that time and place. In this traditional, 18th century Netsuke, they borrow from the Chinese tradition, and use the common motif of the Tiger, his head turned, looking back with greedy eyes and cavernous mouth, but not yet committed to devour. A time of change. A year of contrasts. What will this Year of the Tiger bring?
1. Commiefornia: "a proposed California law threatens to make such dissent career-ending by handing the state the power to strip medical licenses from doctors who disagree with government positions." https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/a-warning-from-shanghai?s=r
2. CNN really thought people wanted to see their hosts spew propaganda. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/epic-failure-cnn-sight-behold-big-cuts-loom
3. "March 2022 ShadowStats “Corrected” Alternate CPI estimate hit 17.15%, up from 16.05% in February, the steepest inflation rate since June 1947." http://www.shadowstats.com
4. As forecast, Russia sees itself as fighting a war against the Globalists. https://twitter.com/Angelo4justice3/status/1513931078029148161?s=20&t=xunC6NsH_yTQYZRib3Ifqg
5. GOP in shape to take back Nevada. https://www.suffolk.edu/-/media/suffolk/documents/academics/research-at-suffolk/suprc/polls/other-states/2022/04_12_2022_complete_marginals.pdf?la=en&hash=664826247F9A90E494EF38057E069F7DCEBC0108
*Bonus: Reading my Chinese zodiac. http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/c/chinese-zodiac-tiger/
A reminder: my sharing of sources & citations herein does not mean I share the sentiments of the author, or the political preferences, if any, of its publisher. It reflects something interesting I read that I thought worthy to share. Nothing more, nothing less.
Brief News Summation: Elon Musk drops his Twitter Board request; Macron & Le Pen face off in a runoff; Missouri lets corrupt prosecutor walk without consequence; Shanghai lockdown raises questions; and western "thought leaders" openly call for dividing up Russia.
1. Using spam markers to manipulate emails by ideology. https://thereport.be/article/?u=https://reclaimthenet.org/study-suggests-email-provider-bias-in-sending-candidates-emails-to-spam/&n=0&s=2&c=1&pn=Anonymous
2. As I argued throughout the case, the violation of international election standards was a key point in Trump's favor: " there is a lot of evidence of both process failure and intentional malpractice in the 2020 presidential election, a strong argument can be made that this was a failed election because it did not meet the minimal standard." https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/08/applying-international-standards-to-2020-elections/
3. "Ukraine may have been “Joe Biden’s” last opportunity to screw things up on the world scene." https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/the-riptide/
4. "If you feel like there's been a concerted effort from the most powerful government and media institutions in the western world to manipulate your understanding of what's going on with this war, it's because that's exactly what has been happening." https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/p/if-it-feels-like-youre-being-manipulated?s=r
5. Big city public school enrollments continues to fall. https://covidreason.substack.com/p/public-school-enrollment-abandoning?s=r
*Bonus: My birthday chart. https://www.thehoroscope.co/birthday-analyser/April-11-1974-horoscope-and-zodiac-sign-meanings-8876.html
Is the gift that gives back! Gift it to yourself, or to a friend or family member.
To be discussed on Friday.
1. Military update from Ukraine. Short answer: the battle for Donbass begins this week, which may be the biggest ground battle we have seen in Europe since World War 2. https://southfront.org/military-situation-in-ukraine-on-april-9-2022-map-update/
2. Fearing a Khan victory for the populist former cricket player, western oriented allies in Supreme Court of Pakistan and the military hierarchy achieved what they failed to last week: regime change. May just delay the inevitable, as elections in 2023 will be very Khan friendly. https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2022/04/10/680046/Why-a-coup-in-Pakistan--US-takes-advantage-of-any-chance-to-gain-advantage
3. Macron & Le Pen remain the favorites for the run-off, with an outside chance for Melenchon. Le Pen & Melenchon profited from French backlash to another war in Europe. I recommended a bet on Le Pen to a member of the board when she was trading at 4% in the markets; she has already risen to 24% in the markets. https://smarkets.com/event/41620572/politics/europe/france/french-presidential-election-2022?lang=en-US
4. Trump's endorsement of Dr. Oz has left many shaking their heads. See https://twitter.com/ElectionWiz/status/1513161992663715847?s=20&t=vSHsQACGPKkEDP5ln97uUQ
5. Democrats just discover that their economic policies are hated in the country, as people have to explain to them that "Behavioral economics reveals that people hate inflation more than they love a low unemployment rate." https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/09/angry-voters-biden-inflation-midterms-00024218
*Bonus: I still love the old-style religious chants, in the right church acoustics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG5gEzymh5c
When the practical meets the aesthetic, the functional merges with the expressive, that forms a favorite celebration of art for me. Art, the creativity of the human mind, shared each day, as you see it, feel it, and fill it. I especially enjoy made-by-hand, individual, fire & glass, functional artwork, like these hand-blown, confetti-colored whiskey glasses. Art that is alive, and keeps it so.
In the UN, though both votes were mostly symbolic and water-ed down, the number of nations voting with the US fell from a strong two-thirds majority of 141 to a less-than-majority of 93, in just a matter of weeks, revealing how the West's propaganda falters outside of its own media markets. A look at the nearly 50 nations that flipped sides, with some big names (in terms of population size, resource ability, etc.):
1. Major acquittals in the Whitmer case. https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/08/two-acquitted-in-whitmer-case-fbi-misconduct-central/
2. Those leaders going their own way away from globalists continue to dominate at the polls, including India's Modi. https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/30457/for-modi-india-elections-sweep-shores-up-bjp-s-dominance
3. Climate rules kill American competitiveness. "Thousands of public companies may soon have such a daunting task to comply with a new set of climate rules proposed by the Securities and Exchange Commission." https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2022/04/07/the_green_supply-chain_rules_set_to_unspool_and_rattle_the_economy_825567.html
4. The real revolution in the Russia war: a complete tectonic shift of the way economies work with one another. "We will look back at current events and realise that they marked the change from a dollar-based global economy underwritten by financial assets to commodity-backed currencies." https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/the-commodity-currency-revolution
5. Another day, another false flag in Ukraine. https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/04/more-evidence-that-ukraine-fired-the-missile-which-killed-dozens-in-kramatorsk.html#more
*Bonus: Another possible natural cure to certain types of breast cancer. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/treating-triple-negative-breast-cancer-cardamom-compound-shows-promise
As America's pastime restarts, I fondly remember your old local minor league baseball stadium where the game introduced itself to me: Engel Stadium. It's own big green monster in left field, old school changing of the scores behind the wall, old time advertisements on the walls, the cityscape in the background, the classic green wooden chairs to nestle in, the cigars you could still smoke in my time in the stands into the open air, the little mini-helmets filled with fruit ice you could buy at the concessions stand, the large interiors you could run around and play games with friends during down time of the games if they got boring, the sound of the wooden bat when contact made and catcher's mitt when missed, the "hey batter, batter" chants of the crowd, in a place where a 17 year old girl struck out Babe Ruth and Satchel Paige played along with Willie Mays, interrupted only by old man Joe Engel's "Barnum of Baseball" style Wild Elephant Hunt antics to bring in the crowds. Fond memories evermore.
1. Putin's power play. Thanks to a board member locating this thesis paper penned by Putin in 1997 that explains his resources-govern theory of power: "minerals and raw materials is to be understood as the guaranteed provision of economic security to the country through the creation of a reliable mineral and raw materials base" https://www.theatlantic.com/daily-dish/archive/2008/08/putins-thesis-raw-text/212739/
2. Unpopularity of EU economic war in Ukraine leads to surging Le Pen which panics the European elite. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/european-markets-freak-out-odds-le-pen-victory-french-presidential-elections-jump
3. Exposing BLM grift is "racist." https://www.theepochtimes.com/former-blm-leader-calls-report-on-organization-buying-6-million-mansion-racist-misinformation_4389525.html?
4. I hope this proves prescient, for Nevada's sake: from lefty political analyst -- Nevada "is a state where the Democrats’ Hispanic voter and working class voter problems could combine for a disastrous outcome" for Democrats. https://theliberalpatriot.substack.com/p/the-democrats-nevada-problem?s=r
5. The Dalio thesis looks to be coming true in live time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguam0TKMw8
*Bonus: A nice 3-1 opening to baseball betting season. https://sportspicks.locals.com
How to spot a globalist, the rise and fall of empires, and your questions...
The kind of case where I tend to side more with the liberals and "centrists" on the court than the "conservatives." Essentially, the conservatives would hold the Constitution provides no relief or remedy for malicious prosecution. I disagree, even if locating that right within the Fourth Amendment alone gets a bit conceptually tricky. Highlighted, as usual.
A dream kind of library project, mixing the astral with the physical, the astrological with the the philosophical. I love the wide, wild mix of myriad symbols & shelves, art & architecture, sensory to the eye and soul alike. Such a library must be filled with the most esoteric subjects and exemplary works. I can think of John Dee's library of old England, including his own secret writings penned in the Five Books of Mystery, Albert Pike's Morals & Dogma, Manly Hall's Secret Teachings of all Ages interspersed with critical political texts like Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm, The Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn, and an American section with Paine's Common Sense, Twain's Huckleberry Finn, Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath, Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby, James Ellroy's American Tabloid, and John Le Carre's Tailor of Panama, finished off of course the seminal classics of Homer's Odyssey, all of Shakespeare, and of course, the Testaments, New and Old, King James Version, as edited by the author of the former, Sir Francis Bacon. What would be in your library of wisdom, ancient and contemporary, astrological and philosophical?
Discussing, at 6ish Vegas time, how to spot a globalist nation, why all things may not always be what they seem, and answering your questions...ask in the replies below, and live...
1. Gammon simplifies the massive currency-to-commodities revolutionary power shift taking place.
2. Interest rates cratering house lending market. https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/mortgage-applications
3. Vaccine mandate fails in Germany. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/bill-introducing-mandatory-vaccination-all-germans-over-60-expected-pass
4. Sri Lanka collapses. Peru orders curfew after mass protests. Greece faces general strike. Inflation upsetting the political apple cart world-wide. https://www.reuters.com/breakingviews/sri-lanka-crisis-sends-inflation-warning-worldwide-2022-04-04/
5. "U.S. 'intelligence' folks tell their stenographers at NBC News that their obvious lies are obvious lies." https://www.moonofalabama.org
*Bonus: Are you familiar with xwOBA? I'm about to try...https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/custom?year=2021&type=pitcher&filter=&sort=4&sortDir=asc&min=50&selections=xba,xslg,xwoba,xobp,xiso,exit_velocity_avg,launch_angle_avg,barrel_batted_rate,&chart=false&x=xba&y=xba&r=no&chartType=beeswarm
1. Kagan's interpretation: "Throughout their history, Americans have tended to be unconscious of the daily impact that U.S. power has on the rest of the world, friends and foes alike." https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/ukraine/2022-04-06/russia-ukraine-war-price-hegemony
2. "Going forward, any back-tests about inflation or disinflation that only go back twenty or thirty years are practically useless." https://www.lynalden.com/march-2022-newsletter/
3. A more honest analysis of the conflict. https://www.thepostil.com/the-military-situation-in-the-ukraine/
4. Democrats got crushed again last night in elections from school board to appellate courts. Follow @ElectionWizard
*Bonus: Hosting Infowars today. https://www.infowars.com
Ask in replies below, and will be live at 6ish Vegas time...
The greatest chair ever invented? While the Cracker Barrel rocking chairs on their front porch next to checkers boards comes a close second, deep leather movie chairs as a proximate third, and luxuriant leather lounge chairs in respectable library, can anything realistically compare to the Lazyboy-style recliner? Archie Bunker in his living room explaining the proverbs of prejudice to everyone's Uncle at Thanksgiving settling in for the post-Turkey football nap, this institution serves us all well. Fond of the wooden latch on the right side to settle up or settle down, a hopeful pouch on the other side to store essential newspapers, books, drinks, and a few snacks, and, of course, a good-sized television in front to take in and fall asleep to the best sports, shows, and films, awaking only for the best part. Climbing in them since I was big enough to hop up and reach the latch on the side, many a fond memory and worthy nap from that clothed cocoon of revelatory joy and worthy slumber. Praise be to the La-Z-Boy.
1. How Zuckerbucks rigged the election. https://citizensunitedmovies.com/pages/rigged
2. "Some prices are set to rise as much as 30 per cent, and in some cases as much as 50 per cent this week, and newspaper Berliner Zeitung reports the items impacted will include: “cooking oil, butter and margarine… also chocolate, crisps, preserves, sausage, spreads and cheese”. https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/04/05/german-supermarkets-substantially-raise-food-prices/
3. "Russia’s commodity-based economy, with its abundance of food, energy, minerals, and other resources, creates enormous strategic depth for Moscow on the Eurasian landmass....At the same time, Washington’s frequent use of financial sanctions have severely weakened, if not wrecked trust in the U.S. led global financial system." https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/bidens-folly-in-ukraine/
4. Clinton campaign conspiracy to launder bogus intel through law firms exposed. https://technofog.substack.com/p/john-durham-michael-sussmann-and?s=r
5. "Ukraine is BLM and Russia is White Privilege." https://thedreizinreport.com/2022/04/04/the-real-and-the-fake/
*Bonus: Teaching kids to write by advocating for pets' adoption with individualized stories. https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/students-write-adorable-letters-on-behalf-of-shelter-animals-to-boost-adoptions-and-it-worked/
The artisanal skill of the shoe makers of Venice. I brought my daughter here years ago for handmade shoes by a legendary Venetian shoemaker she still cherishes to this day. The place where craftsmanship meets the artiste, and where we give human utility to the aesthetic of artistic expression. Just an example of such elegant skill: a handmade velveteen woman's show that could fit Cinderella.
1. "Our military experts severely miscalculated and no amount of propaganda and disinformation can cover that mistake up from anyone who’s been paying attention." https://readingjunkie.com/2022/04/02/we-seriously-underestimated-russia-our-own-propaganda-is-killing-us/
2. "Prima facie, this allegation is fake news" but more such news is coming as western powers fear economic and military defeat in their war against Russia. https://www.indianpunchline.com/fake-news-in-kiev-heralds-cruel-april/
3. Immigrant inflow incoming: "with 2.5 million illegal migrants having crossed into the United States since Joe Biden took office, now the administration is going to make it exponentially worse by unwinding the last Trump-era restriction. The Title 42 policy, implemented by the Trump administration during the pandemic to allow border officials to quickly expel migrants on public health grounds, will be terminated next month, the CDC announced Friday." https://nypost.com/2022/04/04/biden-opens-the-title-42-gates/
4. Corporatists fret at rise of right-leaning populism: "the creation of a fully-fledged new conservatism that uses a plethora of interventions in the market such as tariffs and wage subsidies to shift the balance of power from business to labor. https://www.bloombergquint.com/gadfly/big-business-and-new-conservatives-are-headed-for-divorce
5. "The margin of victory was unexpectedly large" for populist Orban. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viktor-orban-hungary-nationalist-pro-putin-prime-minister-4th-term-unexpectedly-large-margin/
*Bonus: A half-decent joke list. https://www.rd.com/list/clever-jokes/