Trump appointee. Notice the language on natural immunity, strict scrutiny, and the language on the inefficacy of the vaccines.
Recent birthdays for some nephews & nieces have me reminiscing of their birth. The day my niece Amelie was born (birthday not for a few months), I was in the Parisian cafe where they filmed the movie Amelie, and, by coincidence, my brother and his wife named her Amelie. Fond memories.
1. San Fran school board members discover pandemic politics ain't so popular, as three recalled, and even CNN admits why. https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/15/politics/school-boards-covid-mask-mandates-what-matters/index.html
2. Perception is political reality, as the misery index spikes. https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/polling/biden-misery-index-rise-americans-pessimistic-about-countrys-future
3. "Yet today, it is the Drudge Report that is Newsweek." Hint: Drudge sold years ago, but part of the deal required he keep that quiet. https://issuesinsights.com/2022/02/15/drudge-is-dead/
4. CIA targets ZeroHedge. https://www.infowars.com/posts/now-weve-done-it-we-pissed-off-the-cia/
5. Working "like the devil' is probably what got us into trouble in the first place. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/16/joe-biden-promises-to-work-like-the-devil-to-bring-down-gas-prices-after-strategic-oil-reserve-release-fails/
*Bonus: Contrary to CIA claims, Russia didn't invade today "as scheduled."
Yes, I confess, I would like to have a vacation home that looks like the Hobbit house.
1. Desantis with big leads in Florida. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2022/Mason_Dixon_Florida_Governor_Feb_15th_2022.pdf
2. CIA colluded with Clintons to spy on team Trump. Bigger truth: it was a Deep State operation all along. TBD further tonight. https://technofog.substack.com/p/the-unstated-scandal-the-cia-collected?r=8si8l
3. "What we’re suffering the effects of now is the aftermath of a mindless imposition of command-and-control by governments around the world in response to a spreading virus." https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2022/02/15/rising_prices_and_inflation_are_not_apples_and_apples_816487.html
5. Climate change is an upscale movement that punishes workers and the poor. https://unherd.com/2022/02/green-hypocrisy-hurts-the-poorest/
*Bonus: The parrot struck by Cupid. https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/wild-parrot-falls-madly-in-love-with-woman-who-showed-her-kindness
Topics that will definitely be covered include all the craziness in Canada and the vaccine/mask/lockdown mandate cases or controversies. Pick your favorite, if any, amongst the other 8 on tonight's agenda, or recommends your own in the replies below.
This is the case SCOTUS didn't intervene in on an emergency basis. Likely reason is the perceived harm is recoverable in damages. Good brief detailing the background of the case. Highlighted per usual.
My favorite imagery from this holiday remains the cherubic Cupid, and this particular image wondrously reflects his Rodin's Thinker side, with just a little smirkish smile to hint at his good-hearted, yet mischievous intentions. The Victorian style cards remain my favorite, and this artistic style captures a bit of that too. It's a great day for a bit of mischievous, well-meaning fun.
1. Blackrock's China ties. https://consumersresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Consumer-Warning-BlackRock.pdf
2. Another Texas suit against Facebook: this time, illicit facial recognition invasions of privacy. https://www.wsj.com/articles/texas-sues-meta-over-facebooks-facial-recognition-practices-11644854794
3. This is the hurdle in the Palin trial: "By tying the case so directly to partisan politics, Turkel seemed to be taking a big risk with a jury that seems likely to lean liberal. Almost 87% of Manhattan voters who cast ballots in Nov. 2020 favored Joe Biden." https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/11/sarah-palin-lawyers-new-york-times-libel-conservatives-00008248
4. I kinda like this version of Valentine's Day: it's a day to remember, and whack, your enemies. https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2021/02/the-real-history-of-valentines-day/
5. Sadly, as forecast, Trudeau goes the most authoritarian response to the truckers. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trudeau-unleash-never-used-emergency-powers-act-counter-protests-us-canada-bridge-reopens
*Bonus: Another profitable Super Bowl Sunday. https://sportspicks.locals.com/post/1695158/another-profitable-super-bowl
My favorite Super Bowl victory photo remains my hometown favorite, Reggie White, running around the stadium with the Super Bowl trophy in his hand. My introduction to the Super Bowl as a kid was the bitter loss by my Dad's favorite New England Patriots to the 1985 Chicago Bears, which led me to swear a blood oath against the Bears and Ditka personally. Hence, the irony in celebrating another defeat of the Patriots in the Packers' win, though I was a complete Packers fan by then in law school with my all-time favorite Reggie White on the field. Got to meet Reggie right after in Chattanooga, where he endorsed my candidate for Mayor; he was the real deal, loved God & his mama, was kind to strangers, and embodied the best of American football.
1. Yup, they spied on Trump towers. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/clinton-campaign-paid-infiltrate-trump-tower-white-house-servers
2. Mueller was a "cover up plan" just as Durham's real goal is to protect the institutional insiders by shifting blame to corrupt outsiders. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/02/12/the-surveillance-and-political-spying-operations-highlighted-by-john-durham-today-are-the-tip-of-the-iceberg/
3. "The US military-industrial complex needs a war in Ukraine to justify new arms spending and to solidify a new all-out cold war with Russia, former US congresswoman and Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard has allege." https://www.infowars.com/posts/tulsi-gabbard-speculates-on-why-us-military-industrial-complex-wants-war-in-ukraine/
4. Police raid truckers on bridge in Canada. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/police-arrest-ambassador-bridge-truckers-dawn-raid-after-thousands-flock-demonstration
5. Ukraine doubts Biden's impending war narrative. https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/surreal-plot-twist-ukraines-president-demands-proof-us-over-russian-invasion-claims
*Bonus: All my Super Bowl picks. https://sportspicks.locals.com/post/1666846/super-bowl-picks
If you want to see how impossible it is to sue Twitter currently in the Northern District of California or any state California court, see Twitter's response to Berenson's suit, and all the times the courts in California find excuses for social media companies, no matter the claim brought.
News of the day captioned like the Drudge Report of old, curating top-5 stories of note.
1. Even the establishment now confesses: mask mandates never worked. https://www.bloombergquint.com/gadfly/did-mask-mandates-work-the-data-is-in-and-the-answer-is-no
2. War talk with Russia is nuts. We will explore that topic further, as Biden predicts war by week's end, with the Duran on this week's Sidebar. https://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-washington-has-lost-its-mind-over-ukraine-200513
3. Twitter responds to Alex Berenson's suit. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.389677/gov.uscourts.cand.389677.27.0.pdf
4. More whistleblowers come out and more dissidents speak out: vaccine safety was never properly tested. https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/10/former-senior-fda-official-manufacturers-fda-negligent-in-not-investigating-covid-19-vaccine-risks-to-heart-health/
5. "Is Washington ready for Peter Thiel’s radical brand of anti-establishment thinking?" Cause it's comin'. https://www.ft.com/content/d2259cd1-704d-4cd4-814d-994c4e754695?segmentId=b385c2ad-87ed-d8ff-aaec-0f8435cd42d9
*Bonus: All my Super Bowl picks. https://sportspicks.locals.com/post/1666846/super-bowl-picks
Pushkin's Library. One of my favorite personal library designs. The laid back leather chair, the open floor desk, the warm rug, the pastoral painting, the sword above the old book filled with likely legends of the past, and the layout of the book-rich library all make it my model for my own.
An explosion of color. The symmetry of the shape and the brightness of the colors invites the mind into a trance like state of meditative serenity.
1. We face a "heightened threat environment" because of "false or misleading narratives and conspiracy theories, and other forms of mis- dis- and mal-information (MDM)" that tells people naughty things, like to not trust your wonderful government leaders. https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/national-terrorism-advisory-system-bulletin-february-07-2022
2. Totally, totally shocked! CIA caught in mass spying on Americans. Again. https://fortune.com/2022/02/11/cia-mass-surveillance-wyden-privacy-shield-meta/
3. Ezra Levant agrees with me that the court order trying to steal trucker donor funds is very dubious. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/02/10/ontario-government-makes-it-illegal-to-donate-to-canadian-truckers-over-givesendgo-n2603151
4. Inflation kills wages. https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/hottest-inflation-in-40-years-eating-away-at-americans-wage-gains
5. Another 70's style headline: https://www.axios.com/shoplifting-retail-crisis-online-resale-9031ced5-04c9-4e88-84f8-1c93e39e7afd.html
*Bonus: See how school kids freed from mask mandates respond in live time. https://twitter.com/KUSINews/status/1492000974247890944?s=20&t=umf6Ff5Rg-ARCveoaRskzQ
Crazy Canadian courts try to steal trucker convoy cash! And your questions...
I enjoy creative art featuring clashing images that yet manage to look possible. Here, the canals of Venice meet Times Square. I tend to think of Hong Kong, where the 18th century pirate ships in the harbor reflect against the skyline of towers of steel and glass, as the super-high Skyrises tower above small centuries-old Buddhist temples of fountains and gardens hidden in between, with a Blade Runner style 24st century of rising nighttime neon lights bouncing against Kong Island's natural greenery just above, all on the same, small piece of land mostly uninhabited until a British rogue pirate won it as a prize in the Opium Wars. The images that can fill dreams.
Ask in replies below, and will answer most liked questions around 6ish Vegas time...
1. Biden's 1st year was worse inflation year since 1982. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/10/january-2022-cpi-inflation-rises-7point5percent-over-the-past-year-even-more-than-expected.html
2. Truckers effect and the power of the court of public opinion: "conversations have been under way privately to develop plans for guiding the country away from the emergency phase of the pandemic." https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-public-health-0914e7f95784dee7c69475faa1ef0d51
3. Of note, "a record 31.5 million Americans plan to bet on this year’s Super Bowl and they will collectively wager more than $7.6 billion on pro football’s championship game on Sunday evening." https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/new-york-sports-betting-record
4. Folks know bad policing policies leads to bead crime effects. https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/poll-75-say-defund-police-caused-violent-crime-wave
5. As discussed on various sidebars, Fed's in a trap: raise interest rates, and slow the housing market, stick it to the stock market, hurt poorer economies OR The Fed tries aggressively to stomp out inflation, crashes it all, and has to flip-flop back to rate-cuts and QE very quickly.
*Bonus: Oldest, rarest scotch released. A mere $125,000 a bottle. https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/booze/macallan-scotch-reach
Hey, it worked for Hunter. https://www.newsweek.com/why-biden-admin-handing-out-free-crack-pipes-1677439
Lonesome highways. Long roads to nowhere specific. The restless wanderer within wants to take it and see where it leads. Reminds me most of Hank Williams Sr.'s home in rural southern Alabama, where I first understood his song Lonesome Highway, "living by night and hidin' from the day, the people I meet as I go on my way, they all have a story to tell." Right outside his home looks a long stretch of highway that looks just like this. So many stories it can tell.
1. Even the left admits the insanity must end. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/02/end-coronavirus-restrictions/621627/
2. SCOTUS rejects some of the nuttier redistricting actions by lower courts. https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21a375_d18f.pdf#page=10
3. Immunity and mandates sure are nice for Pfizer. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/covid-pfizer-pfe-earnings-q4-2021.html
4. Misery index of Carter era returns. https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/08/economy/misery-index/index.html
5. Oops! Crime surges in Democratic districts. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/crime-increased-in-vulnerable-house-democrats-districts
*Bonus: My prop bet list for the Big Game you can use to have fun w/ friends or (hopefully) make a little $. https://sportspicks.locals.com
The future, the present, the past, the unknown. Doors, windows, water, bridges. I enjoy almost any art with those images. The connection to the natural world, the embrace of possibilities that bridge us to other worlds, the curiosity an open door inspires into what's next. Many of my favorite images incorporate these images and inspire these thoughts. The same reason I enjoy architecture that blends the outside world into the the inside world, as my home in Vegas with its inner courtyard, light filled floor-to-ceiling windows, open Palm trees and pool that invites itself into the home. I find myself constantly drawn to the windows to the world outside, here and in art. Doors, windows, water, bridges. The future, the present, the past, the unknown. Inviting, welcoming, awaiting. Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
1. Yup, as forecast; "mask mandates have had little to no demonstrable impact on curbing the spread of the virus." https://unherd.com/2022/02/were-masks-a-waste-of-time/
2. "Aaron Maté, wrote a detailed article highlighting a series of stories published by the New York Times and the Washington Post that contained “false or misleading claims.” The pieces he analyzed were either part of the entry the papers submitted to win a 2018 Pulitzer Prize for their Russiagate coverage or were written by reporters who shared in that honor. Significantly, the major errors and misleading assertions identified by Maté were not based on newly discovered information, but on documents and statements long in the public domain." https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/02/08/why_newspapers_refuse_to_correct_errors_147153.html
4. Capitol police spying on dissident members of Congress. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/capitol-police-spies-dressed-construction-workers-surveil-congressmans-office
5. Populists recall weak Republican in California. https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/02/07/could-populist-militia-backed-shasta-county-recall-effort-provide-roadmap-for-other-races/
*Bonus: Officer rescues dog. https://people.com/pets/colorado-deputy-saves-dog-from-burning-car-video/
My favorite sculptor (and his old home one of my favorite, and most visited museums, due to its historic feel, blend of indoor and outdoor spaces, and comfortable fit with his sculpture, especially the garden where The Thinker sits), Rodin's most scandalous contemporary work, The Kiss, which I found magically made marbled sculpture into a passionate expression of true human affection.
1. Virginia mask suit rejected in Virginia Supreme Court on procedural grounds. https://www.13newsnow.com/article/news/politics/supreme-court-virginia-chesapeake-parents-school-mask-lawsuit/291-6ab71c2c-283d-426e-ad0b-76d37034d202
2. Covid odds: "they tracked more than 1 million vaccinated adults in America over most of last year" and "researchers report that none of the healthy people under 65 had a severe case of Covid that required treatment in an intensive-care unit." https://www.city-journal.org/understanding-the-covid-odds?wallit_nosession=1
3. As forecast, Rumble offers Rogan $100M to leave Spotify. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/rumble-offers-rogan-100-million-to-quit-spotify-join-censorship-free
4. Lockdown Driven "Payroll Shortfall Continues to Hold Deeper Than Anything Seen at the Troughs of Three of the Last Seven Recessions, Back to 1969." http://www.shadowstats.com
5. GoFundMe vs. Trucker Convoy "is a scoping out of the battlelines over freedom and power that are likely to define the internet era." https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/02/06/big-tech-vs-the-working-class/
*Bonus: Crossing guard saves kid. https://news.yahoo.com/hero-crossing-guard-hailed-incredible-093945272.html?
A favorite song from my childhood, and relevant to current news.
1. Scottish data shows unvaccinated less likely to test positive than the vaccinated. https://palexander.substack.com/p/the-scottish-public-health-weekly
2. BMJ may sue Facebook over their attempt to smear whistleblower report. https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-british-medical-journal-story
3. China Olympics unpopular: "coming off record low viewership in the first night of primetime coverage, the billions the Comcast-owned network forked out to broadcast the Games until 2032 isn’t looking like money well spent." https://deadline.com/2022/02/olympics-opening-ceremony-viewership-down-beijing-nbc-1234927290/
4. Manipulated data revealed in BLS job reports: "in monthly gain-loss report, which every economist watches, the revisions are not only huge, but ongoing." https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/bls-job-revisions-show-every-job-report-2021-was-total-garbage
5. Even the New York Times questions the prosecutorial style of the 1/6 Committee. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/05/us/politics/january-6-committee.html
*Bonus: An old song and film trailer reminiscent of current events. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss
Spying on his lawyer. Hiding discovery of political motivation. Lying to grand juries. Mis-instructing grand jurors on the law. Well-detailed in this motion to compel Bannon brought. Highlighted, as customary.
Wisely using the quarantine legal standards I argued for earlier in the year (requires due process before your rights to your own body can be overridden, and as Dershowitz admitted in our vaccine debate, requires legislative action, executive enforcement, and judicial review, procedurally for due process, while the evidentiary standard would be clear and convincing evidence the vaccination is a necessary, narrowly tailored remedy for someone posing g an imminent risk of severe harm to others), and the separation of powers arguments successful in other masks and vaccine mandate cases, an Illinois court struck down the mask mandate & the testing mandate for Illinois schools. Highlighted, as customary.
After this letter attached, Vanderbilt flipped its decision, and placed the donor recipient back on the list for receiving a critical life saving procedure. Essential to the process was the new Tennessee law I helped draft. Highlighted, as usual.
A rainy day in a Parisian park remade into an explosion of color to express the way I often feel in Parisian parks. Just love the feeling this painting evokes.
Two topics we will definitely cover include the vaccine mandate related lawsuits, trucker convoy, and the GoFundMe debacle. We have another 50 or so potential topics/cases to discuss, and can't get nearly to all. Pick your favorite other topic amongst those topics below, and put in any additional topic of interest in the replies below.
1. GoFundMe retreats. The power of the court of public opinion: I called for criminal investigations and class actions, a request echoed by leading senate candidates like Blake Masters; Rekeita called for mass arbitration; Pool called for mass charge-backs. Suddenly, GoFundMe abandoned their intention to redirect trucker funds to their own favorite lefty causes, and guaranteed automatic refunds to donors, where they can now use GiveSendGo to help the truckers: GoFundMe declared "due to donor feedback, we are simplifying the process and automatically refunding donations." https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gofundme-steals-9-million-canadas-freedom-convoy-truckers-under-pressure-trudeau
2. "BofA’s strategists remain bearish on equities, predicting a “rates shock” in the first half of this year followed by a “growth shock” in the second, triggering negative returns for both equities and credit." https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-04/bofa-strategists-see-surging-equity-flows-while-bonds-get-dumped
3. Doctor exposes what's happening with Ivermectin: the "Nobel prize-winning drug has been made unavailable, and if a physician were to prescribe it, or advocate it as therapy, they are threatened with the potential loss of their medical license, their hospital affiliations, and their board certification....I think it’s easy to suspect that the FDA, the NIH, and the CDC actually understand the potential benefits of Ivermectin and other repurposed drugs. But they also realize that these medications threaten the profits of the pharmaceutical industry with which they are financially entwined." https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/02/why_ivermectin_was_disappeared.html
4. More Spotify targeted smear-and-censorship of Rogan. https://pagesix.com/2022/02/05/joe-rogan-apologizes-for-repeated-use-of-the-n-word-in-viral-clip/
5. Even the Minnesota Democratic Governor in the low 40's, making it potentially competitive in 2022. https://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=a0b1f0c4-c0c2-4eb9-bb5d-c01dfc57fdbc
*Bonus: When I was just a wee lad. https://www.c-span.org/video/?44814-1/clinton-administration-agenda
As predicted, the Florida federal court presiding over one of the big military cases challenging the Biden vaccine mandate stopped the mandate for the time being for the soldiers facing imminent adverse action, and strongly suggested the military was about to lose across the board. Highlighted, as customary.
Well-drafted suit that should win. Highlighted, as customary.
A favorite photo. Hearty laughter of real people. The simplest joys are the best.
1. "The number of Americans willing to submit to mRNA doses continues to plunge." https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/vaccine-demand-has-cratered
2. Scottish data: "the vaccinated getting massively infected and it appears that the unvaccinated are getting less infected" https://palexander.substack.com/p/devastating-negative-efficacy-public
3. As hinted at: Zucker's exit. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10476079/Billionaire-John-Malone-known-corporate-policies-followed-Zuckers-romance.html
4. "So we’re finally seeing a genuine, bottom-up, working-class revolution. In Canada, and increasingly in the United States, truckers and others are refusing to follow government orders, telling the powerful that, in a popular lefty formulation, if there’s no justice, there’s no peace. Naturally, the left hates it." https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/truckers-are-starting-a-working-class-revolution-and-the-left-hates-it/
5. Facebook's stock drop was "the largest one-day loss by a U.S. company ever." https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/02/mark-zuckerbergs-disaster-is-taking-silicon-valley-with-it.html
*Bonus: Only the 4th Year of the Tiger since my birth. http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/c/chinese-zodiac-tiger/
At the Supreme Court currently. As usual, Robert Kennedy was ahead of the curve on these issues, from a 2019 case. The petition to the Supreme Court is attached. Highlighted, per usual.
Pick of who Biden will pick for SCOTUS, and answering your questions...
Live at 6ish Vegas time. Ask questions in replies.
1. BLM exposed as the grift it is. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/02/black-lives-matter-suspends-fundraising-after-california-ag-warns-of-missing-reports/
3. Modeling our racial politics after prison gangs probably is not a good idea. https://www.city-journal.org/the-lefts-divisive-racialist-ideologies
4. "With their constitutional obligation still intact, it’s now up to the men and women of the state legislatures to analyze laws against meaningful election integrity policies that protect every single legally cast ballot and every single legal voter." https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/02/03/states_have_the_power_to_restore_faith_in_our_electoral_system_-_will_they_use_it_147133.html
5. "A combination of the virus originating in an authoritarian state and a sudden seizure of incuriosity among the international press corps led to a strange coverage détente, in which we weren’t told exactly what happened, but we were told all sensible people were sure of what didn’t happen." https://taibbi.substack.com/p/tk-mashup-the-lab-leak-conspiracy
*Bonus: For Super Bowl picks, predictions, and previews over the next 10 days: https://sportspicks.locals.com/post/1635227/super-bowl-betting-trends
Judge Michelle Childs.
Biography: Born in Detroit to a cop and a personnel manager, she moved to South Carolina as a kid after her father cop died. Attended state schools in Florida and South Carolina before joining a corporate firm helping employers against their employees. She parlayed that into a state government appointment, before appointment to the state bench, and then Obama's appointment to the federal bench in 2010 to the federal district court in South Carolina. On the federal bench, Childs struck down marriage laws, absentee ballot witness laws, and upheld vaccine mandates. A reliable corporate liberal with the right demographic profile and GOP institutional backing. In other words, a black female Breyer.
Artisanal arts of the culinary kind: whiskey. An abbreviated chart guide to the distinctions amongst the various whiskeys, including scotch, bourbon, rye, Irish, Tennessee, and even Canadian. Not enclosed is the quite interesting Japanese. A little learnin' mixed in with the many means of human artisanal achievement.
1. I knew about this from a media source a few months back. Open secret in media circles. Zucker resigned, with this as the excuse, but not the real reason. #MeToo quite a problem at CNN. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/02/cnn-boss-jeff-zucker-resigns-says-he-failed-to-disclose-office-relationship.html
2. Chicago reconsidering its mask and vaccine mandates. https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-restaurant-vaccine-mandate-pritzker-covid-illinois-cases/11532496/
3. Biden will make Carter look like a genius at managing government. As predicted, gas prices spike as Russia war talk escalates. https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/wti-extends-losses-us-gasoline-demand-slips-inventory-builds
4. Putin not taking Wag the Dog bait on provoking war. https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putin-says-us-trying-goad-russia-war-ukraine-ready-talks-any-format
5. We were supposed to add 200K jobs to payrolls; we lost 300K instead. https://adpemploymentreport.com
*Bonus: Real life underwater cities? https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/real-life-atlantis-costing-26-26120527
Coming this month...recommend your new topic in the replies, and the most liked will be added to the list...
Sins of Sin City Series: Murder of TuPac
Sins of Sin City Series: Roots of the Shooter
Sins of Sin City Series: Vegas Shooter
Sins of Sin City Series: Howard Hughes
Drugs & Deep State: Opium Wars
Drugs & Deep State: Devil's Bargain -- Lucky, Cuba, & French Connection
Drugs & Deep State: War's Profiteers from Vietnam to Afghanistan
Drugs & Deep State: Miami's Fall & Mexico's Rise
Who Killed Notorious B.I.G.?
Clinton Death Curse: Ron Brown
The DEA Agent Murdered in Mexico
Your Favorite Topic -- The Most Liked New Topic in the Replies Below
Astoundingly, about half of Ukranians wouldn't resist Russian invasion even by merely protesting it. Could you imagine half of Americans refusing to even commit to civil protest if somebody invaded us? Gives you a sense of the Ukranian political split. As usual with Ukraine, big gap between pro-EU western Ukraine and Russian-speaking eastern Ukraine. https://www.kiis.com.ua/?lang=eng&cat=reports&id=1079&page=1
Google's entire business model depends on its illicit and deceptive marketing and secret surveillance.
1. Mass censorship by Big Tech to suppress knowledge of Mass Psychosis. https://takecontrol.substack.com/p/google-mass-formation-psychosis
2. "Constitutional illiteracy to the side, the “hate speech” framework for justifying censorship is now insufficient because liberals are eager to silence a much broader range of voices than those they can credibly accuse of being hateful." https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-pressure-campaign-on-spotify
3. "Lockdowns had little to no effect on Covid deaths." https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf
4. "2 years into the pandemic and it is still clear that masking children is an ineffective policy not supported by research or data." https://covidreason.substack.com/p/infographic-making-children-mask
5. "The Washington Post has recused its new national editor, Matea Gold, from the news organization’s coverage of the FBI and Justice Department over a personal conflict of interest." https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2022/02/01/new_washington_post_national_editor_recuses_herself_from_fbi_coverage_814615.html
*Bonus: LIVE tonight!
A wondrous phrase: "the malafides of the authorities accused." Find attached a copy of the suit that some online misinterpreted as a criminal "murder" prosecution against Bill Gates. It is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal case.
1. Joe Rogan responds. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZYQ_nDJi6G/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
2. Dems dominated dark $ in 2020, and this doesn't even include Big Tech collusion with Big Media, or the election "fortification" that occurred. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/29/us/politics/democrats-dark-money-donors.html
3. "We may be on the verge of the most consequential U.S. political realignment in almost a century. The cause is Covid—or to be precise, the mishandling of the pandemic response by government, media and the scientific establishment." https://www.wsj.com/articles/politics-and-the-great-confinement-roosevelt-biden-reaction-lockdowns-pandemic-politics-infection-11643564619?mod=opinion_lead_pos5
4. "Initial Estimate of Fourth-Quarter 2021 Annualized Real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Showed that the Bulk of Recent Economic Growth and “Recovery,” in Second-Half 2021, Reflected No More Than a Continued, Accelerating Pace of Buildup in Unsold Inventories, Resulting from Extraordinarily Weak Demand." http://www.shadowstats.com/
5. While judges issue five-year hard prison sentences to an elderly couple who got behind on taxes and lock up folks without bail or trial for "trespassing" onto the people's own Capitol, the same liberal judges let armed carjackers walk free and then they murder a kid. https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2022/1/28/22907096/melissa-ortega-emilio-corripio-little-village-gang-shooting-child-victims
*Bonus: remember to scroll through the posts by fellow community members, who do a good job highlighting breaking news, especially good links to the Trucker convoy in Canada.
Mornings in Miami. My Mammy, as U2 sang. Awoke to a Flamingo Pink sunrise. Never seen a pink sunrise until this morning. Tried to find a photo that could capture what I witnessed, and this only captures part of it. Witnessing a pink sunrise from south beach amidst the palm trees and past the sand out into the Atlantic is currently photographically incomparable, but this gives a partial glimpse.
1. Sweden rejects Covid vaccines for kids. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sweden-decides-against-recommending-covid-vaccines-kids-aged-5-12-2022-01-27/
2. Pfizer intervenes to limit FOIA disclosures, as the FDA reveals how "all bureaucracies ultimately evolve to become their own primary constituencies. they serve themselves and their institutional benefit first and foremost" and then captured to serve the very industry they are supposed to supervise. https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/resisting-the-release-of-vaccine/comments
3. A good piece by Shapiro. "But that's precisely what Goldberg and Haines are doing — forcing other people to take measures that the science does not support in order to maintain their emotional comfort....Expressive individualism suggests that we are not truly ourselves unless the world confirms all of our feelings and intuitions. As professor Carl Trueman points out, this viewpoint is essentially solipsistic; he explains, "When identity is psychologized, and the pursuit of happiness becomes a subjective, psychological matter, anything that challenges that paradigm is deemed damaging and oppressive." https://www.creators.com/read/ben-shapiro
4. Tight ties between Democratic leadership & China personally enriching them. Biden, Pelosi, Feinstein, others paid off by China. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/26/schweizer-pelosi-wont-allow-hearings-on-covid-origin-while-her-family-does-a-lot-of-business-in-china/
5. Some of us forecast this: "Because Omicron has so many different, mutated spike proteins, we should not be surprised if the vaccines dramatically lose effectiveness against Omicron and subsequent variants." https://www.newsweek.com/scolding-unvaccinated-left-biden-unprepared-omicron-opinion-1672805
South Beach. My fondness for Miami arose from my affection for the TV show Miami Vice, one of my favorites as a kid. My first visit to South Beach, with mojitos on the roof of one of its art deco hotels, hovering under a thatched roof during one of its many rainstorms with the brisk wind rushing in off the coast, chatting with a writer inquiring about my recent cases for a national magazine story, still stands out. My favorite part of Miami is the Art Deco hotels along the coast in the southern part of the city, though stops at the Forge Restaurant (where the $100,000 bootle of wine awaits the next narco visitor), the Cuban coffee in Little Havana, and cigars on a penthouse balcony, also await. An iconic image from South Beach. Might be there soon for a brief visit.
2. Fauci cover-up of lab leak further exposed. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/special-report-outlines-fresh-questions-on-what-fauci-government-knew-about-covid-origin
4. Tonight's Sidebar guest was one of Trump's top economic advisors. http://go.nationaljournal.com/rs/556-YEE-969/images/ExecutiveBranch_Joseph_LaVorgna.pdf
5. "Heirs of Pablo Picasso, the famed 20th-century Spanish artist, are vaulting into 21st-century commerce by selling 1,010 digital art pieces of one of his ceramic works that has never before been seen publicly." https://techxplore.com/news/2022-01-picasso-heirs-digital-art-piece.html
*Bonus: "Police officers in New York rescued a baby deer stuck in dangerously cold waters." https://people.com/pets/new-york-police-rescue-baby-deer-from-icy-water/
Facing the hurdle of courts not wanting to let citizens sue the FDA, the case is worth the fight, to also document in the public record all the issues concerning this as applicable, to provide a template for others to use in their own efforts in both the court of public opinion and law, and to establish the basis for future legal remedy and reform. Highlighted, as customary.