The Introduction: News in Brief
- Biden swaps the Lord of War for WNBA player in Russia.
- FDA rushes to approve more covid vaccines to kids, with no studies at all.
- Biden to bail out Teamsters pension problems.
- German police arrest a bunch of folks claiming they were plotting to put a Prince in power.
- Peru ousted their President after he attempted to avoid impeachment through disbanding the legislature.
- China starts abandoning zero-Covid policies.
- The big elections case went to oral argument yesterday at SCOTUS.
- More central banks launch “test” digital currencies.
- Worst yield curve since the 1982 deep recession.
- Weekly remittances from Fed to Treasury decline to worst level in modern era.
Wisdom of the Day: "keeping it simple also leads to ignoring what doesn't fit the picture." Shellen Lubin.
The Evidence: Barnes Daily Curated Library
1. Vaccination rates show continuing fall in public confidence. https://covidreason.substack.com/p/vax-uptake-stalls-as-the-white-house
2. More data point to vaccines as cause of excess death rise. https://dailysceptic.org/2022/12/05/major-new-autopsy-report-reveals-those-who-died-suddenly-were-likely-killed-by-the-covid-vaccine
3. The race to buy gold. https://quoththeraven.substack.com/p/the-new-cold-war-gold-race-is-on
4. The three establishment-oriented centrists don’t want to give state legislatures the power the Constitution gave them. https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/12/court-seems-unwilling-to-embrace-broad-version-of-independent-state-legislature-theory
5. Solar power’s land hunger problem. https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2022/12/07/solars_lofty_ambitions_are_consuming_ever-vaster_expanses_of_land_down_below_868493.html
*Bonus: Nature’s health effects. https://news.berkeley.edu/2018/07/12/awe-nature-ptsd/#:~:text=The%20awe%20we%20feel%20in,during%20white%2Dwater%20rafting%20trips.