News in Brief: The Introduction
- Kanye’s corporate lawyers keep jumping ship.
- 9th Circuit says Miss USA can limit its pageant to naturally born women.
- CBS settles claims it hid its CEO’s sexual assaults and insider trading.
- IRS may finally lose its power to issue multiple fines for foreign bank accounts.
- New York AG on eve of friendly court seizing control of Trump Organization. Trump sues her in Florida.
- Fed raises rates again.
- Biden gives speech. Nobody cares.
- Netanyahu returns to power in Israel.
- Populist Pakistani leader shot at rally.
- Ethiopia negotiates ceasefire in civil war.
- Media already calling on Biden & Harris to not run in 2024.
- Republican state officials plan to deleverage woke ESG policies with pension controls.
Wisdom of the Day: “Delaying and withholding tactics, red herrings, partial and doubtful outcomes, are stock in trade for fiction writers, especially crime writers.” Garry Disher.