1. Covid. A reasonable policy of free market drug makers governed by our informed consent and consumer honesty tort laws would work much, much better than the FDA actually functions. a/ No immunity from suit; b/ liability for false promises; and c/ specificity required of efficacy and safety predictions. https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/if-you-want-people-to-trust-the-vaccines
2. Legal. Another vaccine mandate lawsuit I will be breaking down later today. https://bangordailynews.com/2021/08/25/news/national-religious-group-sues-mills-over-vaccine-mandate-for-health-care-workers/
3. Economic. "U.S. household debt climbed to a record high of $15.0 trillion in the second quarter of 2021." https://www.newyorkfed.org/microeconomics/hhdc
4. Political. Iran hostages. Blackhawk down. Benghazi. Now Kabul. Democrats are magically gifted at foreign policy debacles that invariably involve Islamist nations. It's part of the Arabist curse that dates to the 1940s early State Department establishment. They came fantasying themselves Laurence of Arabia and deluding themselves into reimagining Islamist nations into peace-loving Persians just needing one more woke class to awake to the wonders of liberalism. Now Biden might have topped them all, as even lefty Politico calls it "the darkest day." https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/26/joe-biden-afghanistan-kabul-presidency-506970
5. Cultural. College football starts tomorrow! My first betting preview:
Sneak peek. And there may be a "white pill" moment on the horizon despite the current state of affairs. Locals Direct as well
Here it is peeps. Enjoy!
I missed another great moment when Robert talked about the history of eugenics, and its proximity in geographic location to the venue itself. But here it was a good moment as well… “If you don’t on your own body, you own nothing “
I was on the Richard Syrett show the other day. Here is the audio. I hope I was good... Radio is such a difference format from YouTube. So... many... ad and traffic interruptions. lol
What I would write:
"Taking this vaccine violates my conscience for at least three reasons: first, the use of aborted fetuses in either the development or production of these vaccines, or both, when my religious beliefs require that I respect all human life, including fetal life, and not knowingly profit from harm to fetal life; second, the invasion of my body with foreign toxins when my religious beliefs require I treat my body as a temple, and not so knowingly desecrate it; and third, the coercion against informed consent of this vaccine when my religious beliefs require all medical treatment be conditioned upon informed consent. This is a matter of life and death, the very purpose for which I live my life, respect for all human beings and all human life in the world, a core matter of right and wrong, and essential to my very being. I cannot violate my conscience on such a core matter of my morals and the beliefs that guide me and govern me, formed by religious beliefs and as ...