The Gates of Hell, by that mastery of living sculpture, Auguste Rodin, one of my favorite artists, and whose home is still my favorite art museum in the world, having visited it more than a dozen times. The souls scream out of the iron gates, begging for release, the devils beckon with their invite for the lost souls, and the Thinker asks us to ponder it all, and together it best reminds me of All Hallows Eve.
1. Why are children so relatively immune from Covid? Maybe because it is very rare for anyone to be badly impacted by Covid without immunity deficiencies, severe co-morbidities, and serious vitamin deficiencies, generally applicable only to the very old. https://roundingtheearth.substack.com/p/challenging-the-narrative-on-covid
2. CDC caught lying again. https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/the-cdc-hits-a-new-low/comments
3. Shortages of essential services begin due to vaccine mandates. https://nypost.com/2021/10/30/fdny-firehouses-shuttered-over-vaccine-staffing-shortages/
4. In a live Bourbon w/ Barnes, I recommended buying the GOP governor candidate in Virginia when he was trading at 3 to 1. He's now better than even $. https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7001/Which-party-will-win-the-2021-Virginia-gubernatorial-election
5. A wise populist-tinged author explains why climate change is just another Democratic betrayal of the working class. https://www.newsweek.com/elites-are-using-climate-hysteria-immiserate-working-class-opinion-1643962
*Bonus: What is your favorite Halloween movie? Mine is still the original Halloween, though I also have a fondness for the seasonal Sleepy Hollow.
Highlighted, per usual, with good emphasis on the emergency created by forfeiture of Constitutional rights by vaccine mandate deadlines.
1. The leading self-defense legal expert in the country shares my opinion on potential criminal exposure for Alec Baldwin.
2. As predicted, Trump's Twitter suit moved to California. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.595801/gov.uscourts.flsd.595801.87.0.pdf
3. Confess your political sins of Trumpism, and you don't have to rot in jail as a 1/6 defendant. https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1453122024356777989?s=20
4. YouTube tried to shut down George Gammon, but a coordinated media campaign made them reinstate him, thanks in part to Joe Rogan. https://twitter.com/GeorgeGammon/status/1453110360945270787?s=20
5. President Manchin continues to halt the Biden agenda. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/we-have-historic-opportunity-senator-wyden-releases-dems-plan-tax-unrealized-capital
*Bonus: Tonight on Sidebar, the inimitable, ingenious Chase Hughes!
News of the day returns, as kinda-settled in short-term in lovely Kenosha...
1. "At the country-level, there appears to be no discernible relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days,” concluded the authors in the study published in the European Journal of Epidemiology. “In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people.” https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7
2. Masks did not stop the flu, expert concedes. https://covidreason.substack.com/p/the-most-important-5-mins-you-can
3. Spooky is Racist! https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-10-25/halloween-wokeness-word-spooky-now-racist
4. The 1/6 Hush Hush keeps looking like prologue: "someone at the FBI quietly and stealthily purged every trace of Ray Epps from the Capitol Riots Most Wanted database." https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/meet-ray-epps-the-fed-protected-provocateur-who-appears-to-have-led-the-very-first-1-6-attack-on-the-u-s-capitol/
5. Left beginning to concede Bidenflation here to stay for awhile. https://www.vox.com/2021/10/24/22743104/supply-chain-inflation-shortages-2022
Ask questions in the replies below.
Live tonight at 9-ish EST, hopefully...
Look at whose just published book hit #1 in his field. https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/books/684279011/ref=zg_b_hnr_684279011_1
I love decorative styles incorporating modern techniques with modern mural-style wall-paper for the floors, ceilings, and walls, you can incorporate with plants, furnishings and curtains, to redesign and redecorate a simple space into some exotic outpost, especially if you add some live plants and the appropriate surround sounds to develop your own escapist chamber out of a small back room in simple suburbia, only constrained by the power of the human imagination itself.
1. Very good news to see Florida step up and plan to create lasting legal protection for medical status and against vaccine mandates. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/21/ron-desantis-calls-special-session-to-take-legislative-action-against-vaccine-mandates/
2. Economic prospects dramatically worsen as Bidenflation takes hold. GDP models suddenly shrink, industrial production suddenly drops off, housing starts reverse course, and core inflationary pressures dramatically spike. http://www.shadowstats.com
3. Is an employer vaccine mandate the unlawful practice of medicine? A South Carolina suit says yes. https://www.wjbf.com/csra-news/srs-lawsuit-complaint-in-court-filed-over-vaccine-mandate/
4. NBA ratings continue to struggle in the woke era. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/10/nba-ratings-opening-night-viewership-mixed-warriors-lakers-nets-bucks/
5. Democrats in trouble in Senate races in New Hampshire, Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia. Add in Mancin's flirtation with switching sides, and odds are high of a GOP sweep coming in a year's time. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/senate/
Highlighted, per usual. Religious Freedom & Restoration Act cited, as well as our theory on the bait-and-switch issues.
Highlighted, per custom. A new federal district court case in the country's toughest venue for relief in these kind of cases, but well-articulated. Only addition I would recommend is emphasizing vaccination only addresses asymptomatic risk, which is greater from the vaccinated than the unvaccinated due to lack of testing the vaccinated & vaccinated's belief they don't spread it.
1. Supreme Court overturns appellate courts to give qualified immunity to cops in controversial cases. https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/10/court-adds-two-cases-on-native-american-law-and-issues-two-opinions-granting-police-officers-qualified-immunity/
2. "Representatives from multiple industry groups said in interviews that they had expressed concerns to federal officials about the potential for the coming vaccine requirements to exacerbate the economic woes caused by supply chain issues and labor shortages." https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-white-house-tries-to-finalize-vaccine-mandate-dozens-of-groups-seek-last-minute-meetings/ar-AAPKbrx
3. Like their puritan ancestors, "progressive whites, notes the Atlantic, are the most intolerant of all Americans, led by those in the Boston area." https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/10/20/have-we-reached-the-high-water-mark-of-woke/
4. "The emerging picture shows Sussmann and his Perkins Coie colleague Marc Elias, the chief counsel for Clinton's 2016 campaign, proceeding on parallel, coordinated tracks to solicit and spread disinformation tying Donald Trump to the Kremlin." https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2021/10/19/coming_into_focus_hillarys_secretive_russiagate-flogging_pair_of_super-lawyers_799168.html
5. "the red flag emoji thanks to a very recent meme that utilizes the icon. If you see someone using this particular emoji, it’s because they find something, someone or maybe even something you said to be of concern, an issue or, obviously, a giant “red flag.” https://www.insidehook.com/article/internet/emoji-meanings-explained-young-person
*Bonus: I still like my under bet, under 43.6%, even though it has already doubled, and you could cash your profits now. https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7536/What-will-Joe-Biden's-538-job-approval-rating-be-for-Oct-20
Inside the famed English-speaking bookshop in Paris, Shakespeare & Co., with one of my favorite signs: Be Not Inhospitable To Strangers, Lest They Be Angels in Disguise. The bookcases everywhere, the wide, wild range of books, the occasional chair to snug into and read, the friendly patrons, and the English language amongst the Parisian French always made the a top-10 stop for me in my trips to the City of Love. A long-time passion of my own has been finding such a book store, with diverse, unique books, a comfortable chair to nestle into, snagging about a dozen books, and spending the day reading away. Few better places for that than Shakespeare & Co. on a rainy summer day in Paris.
Ask in the replies to this post. See you tonight at 9ish east coast time...
1. Deep State profits from media myths about 1/6 much as it did from the fears of 9/11: "there is no doubt that a second War on Terror, this one domestic, has begun and is growing, all in the name of the 1/6 "Insurrection" and with little dissent or even public debate." https://greenwald.substack.com/p/civil-liberties-are-being-trampled
2. Those skeptical of the vaccine are those who know how little risk they face from Covid: "about HALF of the unvaccinated are in age category where there is little to no risk of serious harm or mortality from COVID-19." https://covidreason.substack.com/p/about-those-vaccine-hesitant-folks
3. Italian protests against vaccine mandates and vaccine passports continue unabated. https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/protest-in-trieste-we-the-people
4. The FDA's secret war on Ivermectin exposed. https://rescue.substack.com/p/horse-bleep-how-4-calls-on-animal
5. Hospitals hiding adverse event reports from vaccine injuries. https://roundingtheearth.substack.com/p/proof-of-vaers-underreporting-and
*Bonus: Another week of profits for the subscribers of SportsPicks.
The pointed arches. The ribbed vaults. The cloistered corners. The frescoed ceilings. The flying buttresses. The pillar-columned centerpieces. The sculpted angels. The wooden pews. The marbled platforms. The domed rooftops. The inviting, majestic architecture and art of Gothic cathedral Europe. A frothy, worthy rememberance on a Sunday.
1. The professional class left loves the Deep State by pretending they don't exist. "These credulous kids with piercings and chin-beards who think the secret services are on their side are the fruits of one of the great P.R. campaigns of our time." https://taibbi.substack.com/p/yes-virginia-there-is-a-deep-state
2. DC Comics continues its woeness as wokeness, displacing the American way from Superman's slogan. https://www.foxbusiness.com/entertainment/dc-comics-american-way-superman-comics
3. Haiti back to its kidnapping tradition. "Build back better" was the Democrats' theme there too. https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/17/americas/haiti-american-missionary-kidnap-intl-hnk/index.html
4. Jury selection to begin this week in the Artery trial. https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/crime/ahmaud-arbery/jury-selection-process-travis-gregory-mcmichael-trial-ahmaud-arbery-death/77-d2213732-1231-4eee-980d-baca6033acad
5. Why is the Virginia Governor's race close in a state Biden easily won? Because Trump voters are much more likely to vote than Biden voters. A factor: the vaccine mandates are considered a "major issue" by two-thirds of Virginians, and those opposed are more likely to vote than those in favor. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNcgoFHpoVOXZxNY6WIF37Mu84IjlLl_/view
*Bonus: Teen tries to rescue cat. Teen gets trapped. Firemen rescue both. https://www.wvtm13.com/article/firefighters-rescue-alabama-teen-and-her-cat/37980735
A very interesting turn of the tables as more employees at more companies began demanding the employer answer the questions on the form.
Also, ask questions for the show and suggest topics for the show in the replies below. We will address vaccine mandates; pick your top topic other than that amongst those below.
The "unpaid leave" accommodation struck down for now.
My highlighted version of the suit. Awesome to see more lawsuits replicating my recommended approach: first, highlighting the choice between violating your conscience & keeping your job as the basis for injunctive relief; and second, incorporating the ADA as a basis of a claim.
1. OSHA challenges will come quick and heavy. "The Department of Labor has no expertise to decide which types of people of faith are exempted, and which types of people of faith are accommodated. On what basis can OSHA craft such an intricate framework based on difficult questions of faith? And they have no delegated authority to decide whether a person's beliefs warrant an accommodation. OSHA inspectors check workplaces for hazards, not beliefs. The Congress in 1970 that enacted OSHA said nothing at all about this matter. The Biden Administration is completely out of its league." https://reason.com/volokh/2021/10/16/justice-thomass-opinion-in-little-sisters-of-the-poor-provides-another-path-to-challenge-the-osha-vaccine-mandate/
2. A federal court in Tennessee blocked the effort of a federal agency to place employees on unpaid leave for religious accommodations, while courts in Washington, New Mexico and Maine chose to not grant emergency relief, as the Maine case heads to SCOTUS this week for possible action.
3. Biden's stack-the-court commission completely fails. https://www.courthousenews.com/commission-on-supreme-court-reform-struggles-to-find-common-ground/
4. The elephant in the room Axios doesn't want to tell you is that unions feel pressure to strike because of their inadequate response to the vaccine mandate. Strikes coming. https://www.axios.com/new-wave-of-strikes-worker-power-07f5df47-8825-4e76-a951-c8812d686d94.html
5. My mold UT Law Prof ally rightly rails on the inanity of vaccine mandates. https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/covid-regime-is-driving-americans-to-a-healthy-noncompliance/
*Bonus: My recommended bet on LSU to pull the upset at almost 4 to 1 paid off. https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/gametracker/boxscore/NCAAF_20211016_FLA@LSU/
Answering your questions, dealing w/ bad faith lawyer, etc...
Ask in the replies below; as usual, show will be live at 9-ish p.m. NYC time...
In a back alley, off a side street, in a small neighborhood sits one of the legendary bars of the world: Harry's New York Bar, in Paris. A random night during the "movable feast" that was Hemingway's Paris in the 1920s could find the Scotchman bartender and bar owner inventing any set of infamous cocktails, a setting for Ian Fleming's original James Bond, Bogart beckoning Bacall, Jack Dempsey chatting up Coco Chanel, or the night a half dozen different gents took turns proposing marriage and eternal betrothal to my Russian friend within 30 seconds of meeting her. Gershwin composed An American in Paris at the hotel piano, straw polls often predictive of American elections, and the bar that famously invented the Bloody Mary and the Sidecar. One of my favorite bars in the world...
1. Excess deaths keep surging in proportion to vaccinations. https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/its-not-just-the-uk-all-cause-deaths/comments
2. Great little video on the moving lies about the vaccine's safety and efficacy. https://twitter.com/ke11ybender/status/1448936949012578304
3. Biden may be DOA politically. https://buchanan.org/blog/are-the-good-times-over-for-joe-158642
4. Economic belief continues to collapse. https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/10/15/consumer-sentiment-crashes-as-confidence-in-biden-economic-policies-collapses/
5. Even Biden's task force doesn't agree to court packing. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/scotus-commission-divided-on-whether-court-expansion-would-be-wise
*Bonus: #MeToo movie maker that killed Bond caught as a "you must get naked" movie director. https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/10/14/no-time-to-die-director-cary-fukunaga-hit-with-metoo-accusation-after-allegedly-firing-actress-raeden-greer-for-refusing-to-do-nude-scene/
Live at 9ish New York time. Ask questions in the replies below.
My highlighted complaint against the FDA for Children's Health Defense for the FDA's bait-and-switch on the approved-EUA vaccines. Also, highlighted exhibits which include the original citizen petition, FDA's answer, and other pertinent exhibits, including highlighted sections of the FDA's letters showing the bait-and-switch.
1. The exaggerated death count attributed to Covid from the media makes one of their own "cardinal sins" they attribute to others -- "missing context." When adjusted by age, population size, and life expectancy, 2020 was barely a blip on the screen in mortality rate, and this doesn't even address the misattribution of deaths to Covid. https://mises.org/wire/age-adjusted-mortality-2004-levels-yet-they-tell-us-covid-worse-1918-flu
2. Vaccination does not reduce transmission, according to a Harvard study: "the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people." https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7.pdf
3. More FOIA discovery: "previously secret records show there was no good reason to shoot and kill Ashli Babbitt." https://news.yahoo.com/babbitt-shooting-internal-police-docs-214104564.html
4. The turning of the tide? Federal judge holds DC jail officials in contempt for their treatment of 1/6 defendants. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/13/us/politics/jan-6-jail-contempt.html
5. "The Democratic Party’s current infighting is not that of a victorious and all-powerful party struggling to decide what to do with its victory. Instead, it is the panicked reaction of a party that understands it was largely defeated in November 2020 and is struggling to find a path forward in the aftermath." https://amac.us/behind-democrats-disarray-they-know-they-are-doomed/
*Bonus: the last season of Goliath is its best, and a superb law-related season. https://www.amazon.com/Goliath-Season-4/dp/B09D2JJFY7
An eye orgy of aesthetic riches, this photo embraces so many of my favorites: the deeply curved arches, the beautifully decorated pillars, the bending staircase, the ironwork matching the woodwork in the staircase, the marble flooring, the ceramic paneling, the brilliant colors of aqua blue and golden brown. the inviting alcoves, the awaiting chandelier, the cupola dome. everywhere you look, something beautiful reflecting the craftsmanship and genius of the human mind in celebrating life daily in the very physical structure we inhabit, a permanent prayer of humanity to the daily way of life across the generations, and captured in a single moment of a walk up the stairs.
Per request, see attached. There were many more. Highlighted, as customary.
The suit feels premature, but interesting theories nonetheless. See highlighted attached version.
1. Wokeness corrupts. School hid assaults because it exposed a danger of their transgender bathroom policies. Remember when the media said that risk was a myth? https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/school-officials-hushed-up-and-lied-about-his-daughters-rape-now-nsba-wants-to-make-him-a-domestic-terrorist
2. Cancel culture comes for the NFL: Coach Chucky Fired. https://spectatorworld.com/life/jon-gruden-nfl-raiders-roger-goodell/
3. How Zuck Zucked the election. https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/12/the-2020-election-wasnt-stolen-it-was-bought-by-mark-zuckerberg/
4. Starting to admit inflation is a continuing problem, not a transitory phenom. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/high-u-s-inflation-is-going-to-last-awhile-fed-bostic-says-11634060894
5. Another defendant capitulates, and grants religious accommodation rather than face ongoing suit. https://bethesdamagazine.com/bethesda-beat/schools/mcps-seeks-dismissal-of-federal-lawsuit-challenging-covid-19-vaccination-mandate/
*Bonus: Tonight's Sidebar guest: https://www.chrissiemayr.com
See my highlighted copy attached. Note especially footnote 6.
Looking for folks who could help in the Rittenhouse case with any of the following: video editing & website building. Use the contact page to let me know: https://www.barneslawllp.com/contact
Remember what I said was the best argument for injunctive relief: that if the court doesn't give relief while the case is pending, the plaintiffs will have to undergo a Faustian choice of the jab or their job. That is precisely what plaintiffs argued, and it won. Decision attached.
A brief 45 minute live stream tonight. Ask questions in the replies.
1. The vaccine that was supposed to stop Covid mostly stopped civil liberties instead. https://covidreason.substack.com/p/dr-jay-chimes-in-on-the-vaccine-and
2. Scientists sue FDA over hiding data about the vaccines: "you can’t say no, you can’t sue for harm, and you can’t see the data underlying the government’s claim that the product is safe and effective. Some might describe such conduct as authoritarian." https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/scientists-sue-the-fda-for-data-it
3. How is it that "more people have died from COVID-19 in 2021, with most adults vaccinated (and nearly all seniors), than in 2020" if vaccines work? What if they never were intended to work, and another Alex Jones conspiracy theory comes true? https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-the-data-is-in-and-we-are-now-worse-off-than-before-the-experimental-shots
4. Texas Governor reinforces my interpretation of the law about vaccine mandates, and reminds employers they cannot mandate it if violates a person's conscience. https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/EO-GA-40_prohibiting_vaccine_mandates_legislative_action_IMAGE_10-11-2021.pdf
5. The reason it matters to argue with well-intended dissenters: sometimes it persuades them to reexamine their priors, and write a piece like this from Sean Trende: "As written, Jacobson is a civil liberties nightmare." https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/10/12/vaccine_mandates_and_jacobson_v_massachusetts_a_closer_look.html
*Bonus: Brit man very proud of new record he set: number of pubs visited in 24 hours. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-58861985
The exploratory excitement captured in this portrait of Christopher Columbus always made it my favorite Columbus portrait on this day that honors his achievement. The birds flying above, the sun shining through in the center, and the reflective blue green waters of the ocean below refracted back into the monocular scope as he gazes on what they said didn't exist: new land in a world that wasn't so flat.
1. A World Cup player's collapse might have been caused by a vaccine side effect? Many players refusing vaccine believe so. https://summit.news/2021/10/11/a-quarter-of-football-league-players-say-they-wont-get-vaccinated/
2. Killing Bond turned out unpopular in the states. https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/10/10/james-bond-no-time-to-die-earns-a-disappointing-56-mil-plus-open-billie-eilish-theme-song-has-no-revival
3. Vaccine mandate will hurt economy. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/rabo-just-wait-until-we-see-impact-force-vaccine-mandate-layoffs-labor-force
4. The new Covid Big Pharma drug might cause mutations that impact the DNA. https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com/early-safety-concerns-accompanied-mercks-molnupiravir-the-first-potential-oral-covid-19-therapy/
5. "I’m supposed to give up my ability to govern my own body because the people who are already vaccinated are still terrified of the virus that the vaccination supposedly protects them against. Something doesn’t add up."
*Bonus: White House Whistleblower. https://babylonbee.com
Attached find the pdf of my filed complaint against the vaccine mandate issued by Tyson Foods.
1. Even the Commie News Network admits Biden sinking like a rock as dumb as him. https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/08/politics/independents-biden-losing-fast/index.html
2. Panic setting in D.C. upon the thoughts of the return of Trump, much like profligate Rome fearing Caesar's return from the warfront. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/08/fiona-hill-book-donald-trump-515660
3. Nobody cares about the advice from Grinch Fauci. https://spectatorworld.com/topic/fauci-plague-doctor-who-stole-christmas/
4. First responders fight back against vaccine mandates. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/871-firefighters-file-intent-sue-over-las-covid-19-vaccine-mandate
5. Southwest pilots lead the sick-out protests that disrupted travel across the country in response to vaccine mandates. https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/the-revolt-begins-at-southwest-airlines/comments
*Bonus: She's totally unfazed. https://rumble.com/vnfprd-oh-no-almost.html
Suggest topics, or ask questions you would like addressed on the Sunday show in the replies below.
Definitely covering vaccine mandate updates. Choose which topic interests you the most amongst those below:
1. Sixth Circuit joints Second Circuit in upholding religious accommodations and exceptions to vaccine mandates. https://www.opn.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/21a0234p-06.pdf
2. The China real estate bubble begins to burst. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/catastrophic-property-sales-mean-chinas-worst-case-scenario-now-play
3. Iceland bans Moderna's vaccine in toto. https://californianewstimes.com/iceland-halts-moderna-jabs-over-heart-inflammation-fears/552346/
4. Real median income fell in 2020 thanks to lockdown politics. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEHOINUSA672N
5. How Chappelle's popularity signals trouble for woke Hollywood. https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/chappelle-cance-culture-woke-transphobic-gutfeld/
*Bonus: Babies laughing.
Fond memories of good times: poker parties in Malibu. Once a month or so, for the better part of a decade, we gathered for a night of poker, cigars, cocktails, and conversation, in one of the most fun social rituals I enjoyed.
1. A major study about drug use impact on getting Covid in vaccinated people ended up uncovering something else: the utter inefficacy of the vaccine by August of this year: "in August, those 550,000 fully vaccinated people had a roughly 1 in 200 chance of being infected each day" a rate above that for the unvaccinated. https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/all-you-need-to-know-about-vaccine/comments
2. The number unemployed remains two million higher than pre-lockdown and pre-Biden. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
3. Even CNN now admitting it: vaccine efficacy vanishing. https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/health/pfizer-vaccine-waning-immunity/index.html
4. Employee push back causes Sheriff to pause vaccine mandate. https://summit.news/2021/10/08/los-angeles-county-sheriff-refuses-to-enforce-vaccine-mandate/
5. Lefty labor economist blasts Biden: "The sad economic reality of today – real wages are in decline – contrasts uncomfortably with the far better performance for working people under the pre-pandemic Trump administration." https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/10/07/joe-bidens-class-war/
*Bonus: @VivaFrei saves a bumblebee.
Bourbon w/ Barnes returns! Ask your questions in the replies...
1. Overcrowded hospitals? "2020 was so incredibly low that half the hospitals in the US nearly went out of business." https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/have-hospitals-really-been-overloaded?
2. As predicted, Biden's approval dips to the 30's. https://nypost.com/2021/10/06/biden-is-battered-on-trust-leadership-competency-poll-says/
3. Media trust plummets to new lows. https://news.gallup.com/poll/355526/americans-trust-media-dips-second-lowest-record.aspx
4. Trade deficit sets record. https://www.treasuryandrisk.com/2021/10/06/u-s-trade-deficit-hits-record/?slreturn=20210907182308
5. Election officials lawyering up in Wisconsin: "The only reason clerks would need to be “lawyered up” is if they had something to hide, such as intentional violations of state election law for partisan purposes." https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/10/07/dont_allow_government_officials_to_dodge_accountability_146527.html
*Bonus: Neighbors buy elderly vet a scooter to replace his broken one. https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/4415/Veteran-79-Cries-After-Learning-Strangers-Bought-Him-A-New-Scooter
Pandora papers, vaccine passports, global politics, and Biden's collapse.
1. Biden admin trying to coerce mass compliance without putting its vax mandate rules into formal policies. https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/the-federal-vaccine-mandate-game/comments
2. Detention camps coming for the unvaxxed? https://summit.news/2021/09/30/state-governments-preparing-quarantine-facilities-for-americans-unable-to-isolate-at-home/
3. Vaccination rates do not correspond to lower virus rates. https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/us-state-with-highest-vaccination-rate-hit-by-virus-surge_4032144.html
4. Nazi stolen art goes to SCOTUS. https://www.theepochtimes.com/supreme-court-to-hear-case-of-ownership-of-painting-stolen-by-nazis-now-worth-millions_4031748.html
5. Natural immunity lasts much longer than vaccine immunity. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/eji.202149535
What I would write:
"Taking this vaccine violates my conscience for at least three reasons: first, the use of aborted fetuses in either the development or production of these vaccines, or both, when my religious beliefs require that I respect all human life, including fetal life, and not knowingly profit from harm to fetal life; second, the invasion of my body with foreign toxins when my religious beliefs require I treat my body as a temple, and not so knowingly desecrate it; and third, the coercion against informed consent of this vaccine when my religious beliefs require all medical treatment be conditioned upon informed consent. This is a matter of life and death, the very purpose for which I live my life, respect for all human beings and all human life in the world, a core matter of right and wrong, and essential to my very being. I cannot violate my conscience on such a core matter of my morals and the beliefs that guide me and govern me, formed by religious beliefs and as instructed by my religious tenets. I have never knowingly taken any vaccine, or any medicine, developed or produced with aborted fetal cells, that invaded my body with foreign toxins, or that were compelled against informed consent. The violation of informed consent is a matter of religious conscience; what the Nazi doctors did is morally wrong, spiritually offensive, and participating or partaking in such invasive, coerced medicine at any time offends the very core of my conscience. I cannot consciously disrespect human life, and the core of what makes us human and the dignity it requires we treat ourselves and our fellow human beings, even if it might medically or financially profit me to do so. Some things are not for sale; my conscience, formed by the core of religious tenets, is one of them."
1. A very good point about causality in the Covid context: "causality cannot ever rise above the level of opinion." https://roundingtheearth.substack.com/p/mechanistic-evidence-of-vaccine-induced
2. Good rundown of the top cases at SCOTUS this term. https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/supreme-court-term-abortion-guns-free-speech-jonathan-turley
3. Recall reveals fractures in Democratic working class communities in California. https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article254559002.html
4. A familiar name lurks behind the local political shift to hyper-politicized justice in Austin. https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/10/01/billionaire-george-soros-donation-opposes-austin-police-ballot-measure/5953645001/
5. The continued assault on Enlightenment ideals undermines the credibility of elites and so-called experts. https://www.persuasion.community/p/our-institutions-keep-undermining
*Bonus 1: Old-school movies without woke agenda bust box office records. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/venom-let-there-be-carnage-box-office-addams-family-2-1235024657/
*Bonus 2: Subscribers of Sportspicks won money for the 6th straight weekend. https://sportspicks.locals.com/post/1138067/another-profitable-weekend-six-straight
The perfect way to start the day: a caffe latte, with a lump of real cane sugar, in a golden cup. Introduced to real lattes in Firenze (Florence, Italy), at a courtyard cafe overlooking some of the world's most famous art, visually eavesdropping as the young Italians strutted their inimitable sense of style across the square, I truly understood what a real latte was supposed to taste like, and have been hooked ever since, fondly remembering that first true sip.
1. Higher Covid infection rate amongst most working-age vaccinated populations than unvaccinated population disproves the "prevent infection" justification for vaccine mandates. https://dailysceptic.org/2021/10/03/vaccine-effectiveness-hits-as-low-as-minus-66-in-the-over-40s-new-phe-data-shows/
2. Another suit challenging Biden's vaccine mandate for military. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.235825/gov.uscourts.dcd.235825.1.0.pdf
3. Inflation continues unabated. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-s-inflation-rises-sharply-again-in-august-and-remains-at-30-year-high-pce-shows-11633092039
4. Post Office likes to spy on Americans. https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/27/covert-postal-service-514327
5. I believe in spoiling bad endings or bad twists in movies. I support when others do it, too. They kill James Bond in the latest Bond film. Skip it.
*Bonus: When Bond was Bond:
Will be covering the vaccine mandate, Alex Jones, and jailed marine cases. Pick amongst the following topics you also want us to definitely cover.
1. Fed bankers caught insider trading on eve of pandemic announcement, a discovery made while FOIA requests pending. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/a-timeline-of-the-federal-reserve-s-trading-scandal/ar-AAOZMqb?ocid=uxbndlbing
2. More lawsuits fighting vaccine mandates. https://www.denverpost.com/2021/09/30/denver-vaccine-mandate-lawsuit/
3. Old energy sources still essential to global economy. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-01/coal-surges-to-record-as-global-scramble-for-energy-accelerates
4. Good documentary project detailing vaccine adverse events. https://trialsitenews.com/covid-19-vaccine-adverse-event-stories-in-israel-covered-by-the-testimonies-project-documentary/
5. Continued correlation between vaccines and adverse events for certain groups. https://theexpose.uk/2021/09/30/deaths-among-teenagers-have-increased-by-47-percent-since-covid-vaccination-began/
*Bonus Good News: Vaccine stocks tumble as new therapeutics emerge. https://www.barrons.com/articles/moderna-stock-novavax-covid-vaccine-51633107009
Alex Jones, vaccine mandates, and uncensored discussion answering your questions...
Return live tonight! Ask questions in reply thread. I will also get to a good number of the most liked questions asked yesterday.
The colorful explosion of light in a dark rainy night reminds me of experiencing the lights of Paris around the Seine past midnight listening to Sinatra with a professor friend on an experimental pill that enhanced all the senses and intensified your instinctive sensory direction, as my mind got lost for hours in the Parisian street lamps and their reflective colors off the ripples of the Seine. I love the contrast in what might otherwise feel gloomy -- rainy, dark, night, alone -- yet the color, the light, the reflections create this wondrous glow of flowing, positive energy and a light, joyful spirit. A good way to go through life, no matter the circumstance.
1. Big Pharma vs. Big Pharma: new covid treatment drug undermines vaccine mandate authority. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/game-changer-merck-releasing-phenomenal-test-results-experimental-covid-pill
2. They got it wrong, again. The policy "experts" claims a vaccine mandate would boost restaurants and bars, b/c folks would flock in! Oops! https://www.theepochtimes.com/nyc-restauranteurs-business-down-40-to-60-percent-due-to-vaccine-mandate_4025794.html
3. Consumer attitudes hit a range of recent record lows and recent record highs in the places you don't want lows and you don't want highs. https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/inflation-expectations-hit-10-year-high-homecar-buying-attitudes-record-lows-umich
4. Biden admin effectively opens the border. https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/10/new_mayorkas_memo_effectively_opens_the_border.html
5. Eugenics through gene-selected abortions.
*Bonus: Why I like little town newspapers: Happy 100th birthday! "Once Frank retired, they traveled the United States in an RV visiting relatives while working on their family history." https://bismarcktribune.com/announcements/birthdays/birthdays-8-28-21/collection_f2f9c568-0b55-11ec-8c41-33f4a3cbdae6.html#1
An unenviable conversation:
Plumber: Uh, do you know where you turn off the water?
Plumber: Oh, Damn!
Hopefully back tomorrow.